IGNORED

SIO2PC-USB V1.0 (A8W)

atari8warez

My new SIO2PC-USB v1.0 is now ready for production. This is a SIO2PC only version of my DUAL-USB device and as such does not include 10502PC functionality, but comes at a reduced price of $29 US, or about 25 Euros. For this price you get:

* The SIO2PC-USB version 1.0 PCB, featuring an FTDI FT231X UART, (up to 127KBs speed with AspeQt and Hias Hi-Speed I/O patch),

* Enclosed in an SIO plug, Mini USB connector at the PC end,

* USB cable (2'),

* I/O Leds,

* A free, registered copy of ALibPc Light (Atari Librarian for PC Light) software (currently in development but all purchasers of the device is eligible retroactively),

* 1 year warranty

Availability is probably by Mid March depending on how fast I can get my PCB order filled. Orders will be shipped in a first-in first-out fashion, so please express your interest here and also PM me to get into the list. This may or may not be a limited edition depending on the interest it generates.

post-15627-0-46536900-1423977214_thumb.jpg post-15627-0-02070400-1423977229_thumb.jpg

post-15627-0-86082600-1423977922_thumb.png

Note that the exterior appearance will not be exactly the same as above. The difference will be in LED positioning and a slight protrusion of the USB port due to new design.

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 5

Will it be compatible with Atarimax's APE and Pro-System software? I love the Atarimax SIO2USB. Its well made and a great interface, just an exposed PCB (i.e. no case). I like the idea of an enclosed unit inside an SIO plug.

Edited by ACML

Will it be compatible with Atarimax's APE and Pro-System software? I love the Atarimax SIO2USB. Its well made and a great interface, just an exposed PCB (i.e. no case). I like the idea of an enclosed unit inside an SIO plug.

This one (SIO2PC-USB v1.0) will be compatible with APE only - no 10502PC functionality - , my other device (SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB v3.1) is compatible with both APE and Prosystem (APE needs to use VCP drivers to work with either version of the device)

Edited by atari8warez

Hello,

I'm interested too. My english is not good, is it ready to use, or do I have to buy and sold some other components?

Will be ready by mid to late March, Chinese suppliers are currently taking time-off from business due to Chinese new year, and that affects delivery times for the PCBs

Edited by atari8warez

I am wondering if dropping the 2' USB cable from the offering and lowering the price by a dollar or two for the basic unit, and offering another option with 6' USB cable for a few dollars more is a better idea.

A 2' USB cable seems only good for people who will keep their Atari near their laptop, others may want a longer cable

What do you guys think?

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Not the piece of news you were expecting but afaik a8w has been banned from AtariAge, you should try to contact him elsewhere.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/220750-in-place-ultimate-1mb-incognito-rom-editor-and-flash-tool/page-13?do=findComment&comment=3195925

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

This FTDI Cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6P-FTDI-FT232RL-USB-to-Serial-adapter-module-USB-TO-TTL-RS232-Cable-F-Arduino-5v-/111241824248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e68787f8

and this SIO Plug: http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=85

would be cheaper than Reyyan Ataergin's, (atari8warez) device, if you can solder them together, or, better yet, just buy this: http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=98

Edited by Kyle22