And suddenly it´s August. So far the following entries arrived:
A. Gravity - Jason Kendall
B. ToySwap - Vitoco
C. Bomber - Jose+Xuel+Poison
D. Jim Slide - 1NG
E. Joystick Mastah - Sikor
F. 3plex - Matosimi
G. Litle Game - Winfried Fiedler
Wer mir eine Mail geschickt und noch keine Antwort erhalten hat, melde sich bitte bis spätestens Montag Abend noch einmal! Ich bin aus beruflichen Gründen sehr eingespannt und kann erst am Dienstag in Ruhe alles prüfen. Auch Fehelrkorrekturen können noch geschickt werden.
If someone send something and didn´t get an answer from me, please resend until Monday night! Due to my job I have little time and can´t check properly before Tuesday. Also, Bugfixes can be send until then.

Check the official page: ABBUC Softwarewettbewerb 2015

• Like 2

Hi, I have written for AtariOnline.pl an article (in Polish) about some of the contest's games. In the first part we present: Jim Slide, Bomber and Gravity - with screenshots and a short description.

[EDIT] You may use "translate to" option in the upper left part of the page and you'll get a raw English translation which looks like that.

Edited by +Adam+
  • Like 3

Ok guys, more info about 3plex can be found on by blog.

enjoy!

3plex was developed in less than 600 minutes!!! :-o

My game, Toy'Swap, took me almost a year to complete... well... more or less 250-300 hours in total. It also has a blog (in Spanish).

BTW, @skr: I submitted an update of Toy'Swap some minutes ago...

• Like 5

My game, Toy'Swap, took me almost a year to complete... well... more or less 250-300 hours in total. It also has a blog (in Spanish).

Vitoco, ToySwap looks very nice, I just saw screenshot on your blog. It's quite polished, I cannot say that about 3plex ;)

@skr, I sent you new version of 3plex with some bugs fixed and also some stuff added, but I did not want to violate rules / be unfair to other contestants so I did not change design, gfx, sounds and music. Game still fits into 6kB, no assets were added.

• Like 1

Jim told me that we needed a devblog, but I didn't listen. I thought, that a repository with comments of the changes would be enough. He then stated, that I should go away with my technical stuff.

So he did something on facebook himself https://www.facebook.com/JimSlide

Jim speaks mostly german and doesn't know much of the world we live in, but I won't tell him, because he is happy in his world.

;-)

• Like 3

Vitoco, ToySwap looks very nice, I just saw screenshot on your blog. It's quite polished, I cannot say that about 3plex ;)

@MatoSimi, as you could check in my game's blog, I used your FontMaker utility to create the charsets. I think that Abel told you about my experience with version 1.3.5...

Now, I think that most of Toy'Swap's development time was playing the game... I mean, testing it!!! :-D

BTW, should I change my avatar to promote my game? :cool:

• Like 1

Humm... from some talkings at AtariOnline and some of the usual suspects :grin: didn't enter this year and people may think that there isn't any great production, one of those we see and say WOW!... that it was maybe the new rules and the need if is a conversion to have the original users authorization a cause?

Yes, I maybe the usual one on with ideas for conversions :) but there others on the past.

In our Bomber case we were doing it for months and was for a release not for the competition but our lifes turned into other unexpected and a game just for ABBUC was impossible and we decided a month or less ago.

We were only using the hi-res font and that original screen turned into A8 colourfull good looking. The game was done but Poison got the idea to have different walls,... and said that he can do more music and sounds and that was our job in these last weeks. I invented a way to cleverly have almost a different screen every level in a few KBs more (we'll post this way after the competition end ;) ). Xuel had to mess it all again what a great great trouble we give him :grin: .

Yeah and I never thought that the 'dark side' guys at Lemon64 would be so kind at that in days we could contact the authors that were of a game from just a magazine cover tape and their only game. They were very nice to us and for them and also C64 pals a BIG THANK YOU!

I was, for example, expecting Hobgoblin 2 in the competition, maybe I am making a mistake but I think I read somewhere that they had the BBC/Electron author approval and that it was all things changed and not a direct port as was the 1st one so it would fit with the new rules.

Ok maybe I am wrong and was all a lack of time together with this year's deadline one month before the usual and we'll soon see some more and good games on A8...

:)

• Like 2

José, in my opinion you are overestimating the importance of those new contest rules - it's not because of them the games like "Escape the Night Garden" by snicklin or "The Monk" by Popmilo or the latest Morons of HAR project (with unknown name) are still not ready. Please note that according to their authors' announcements from the past, all those games were supposed to be presented at ABBUC contest (2014 or 2015).

We never made such statement about Hobgoblin 2. And yes, XXL has a permission from David Parsons to create an Atari version. We haven't finished the game yet simply because we need a lot of time for that, but we have a lot of other duties. That's life.

Edited by +Adam+
  • Like 4

...We haven't finished the game yet simply because we need a lot of time for that, but we have a lot of other duties. That's life.

Yeah, just like you said. At least for me, life is actually pretty good and all time taken from coding is given to good, meaningful stuff.

Wish you all good times and many new games in the future contests!

• Like 1

Yeah, just like you said. At least for me, life is actually pretty good and all time taken from coding is given to good, meaningful stuff.

For me, it was in the opposite direction: I returned to coding as a therapy to keep my mind out of a bad moment I was living... :roll:

• Like 6

Hi to all.

Here's a video of the game:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkMRGVS4...

Final version of the game to enter on the competition.

The game now has Keyboard, Joystick and Paddle game controls, Pause and new designed screens that are radomly generated after the first one/original looking.

The bombs have different behaviour and there's a surprise if any of you ever get into the last level.

:)

P.s.- And the 'S' on the Powersoft screen was changed ;)

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 3

The new Powersoft logo is ok, but I prefer the original. Some people live to be offended, and will use every opportunity they find to harass an innocent person (some low life types even attempt to profit from it). Stand firm, they will eventually go away.

Having said that, Nice game! :)

• Like 1

Awesome!

I like very much first picture but02I would prefer a classic Atari joystick (only one button instead of two buttons) and a CRT monitor (not an LCD monitor).

I first thought on an old tv but I wasn't able to get a nice looking one and a modern 90degres lines was more simplier to design :grin: and then was the idea of how to show stereo and the two speakers that is the idea of the picture, an old tv doesn't have line for two speakers then how to put them there or simulate stereo ????

I first thought on an old tv but I wasn't able to get a nice looking one and a modern 90degres lines was more simplier to design :grin: and then was the idea of how to show stereo and the two speakers that is the idea of the picture, an old tv doesn't have line for two speakers then how to put them there or simulate stereo ????

You could use a CRT monitor like my setup

post-12528-0-42413500-1439150762_thumb.jpg

together with two classic speakers

post-12528-0-09650700-1439150793_thumb.jpg

(I used similar speakers on my desk in the Eighties).

Or you could use a TV with integrated speakers like this one (make it smaller!)

post-12528-0-43636800-1439151099_thumb.jpg