IGNORED

ABBUC software competition 2015

skr

Here is a small video from RENO productions of my entry Jim Slide: Jim Slide 2.5 levels.

The game has 47 levels, so this is only a small teaser. Some levels are very hard to master and there is not much fun in using a walkthrough.

The game has a skip feature: If you can not find the solution, then skip the level. You won't get any points and no crown of course.

To break a record you have to beat all levels and need to be fast. But first you can do 40 levels very relaxed. To get to the last levels, you have to earn 25 crowns in the first 40 levels.

Bombs, bumpers, keys, fruits, portals and other stuff. And Space Invaders? Yes, and some other things for the retro fan.

Sliding is fun!

Edited by 1NG
  • Like 11

Hello Martin

This year, the annual meeting of the members of the ABBUC will take place on the 24th of October. IIRC, results of the contest will be announce at the meeting somewhere between 16:00 and 17:00. It usually doesn't take more than 24 hours from then, before the results will appear online.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 2

Thanks for clarification Mathy.

Info about final version of 3plex can be found here: http://matosimi.websupport.sk/atari/2015/08/3plex-final-version/#more-1105

in case you have some remarks or ideas, use comments on my blog (no registration required) so we dont flood this AA thread.

Regards,

Martin

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

José, in my opinion you are overestimating the importance of those new contest rules - it's not because of them the games like "Escape the Night Garden" by snicklin or "The Monk" by Popmilo or the latest Morons of HAR project (with unknown name) are still not ready. Please note that according to their authors' announcements from the past, all those games were supposed to be presented at ABBUC contest (2014 or 2015).
We never made such statement about Hobgoblin 2. And yes, XXL has a permission from David Parsons to create an Atari version. We haven't finished the game yet simply because we need a lot of time for that, but we have a lot of other duties. That's life.

We (Morons of H.A.R.) wanted to enter this year, however, we decided in May that we will not be able to make "great" game till August and entering with a "beta version" again, was a no-no. Additionally, my hands are not as fit as they were and I am just not able to code 8h at work and 4h at home. So I took an Atari-break (as you may have noticed in this forums).

BUT, the game is not dead and will be continued on now the summer is over. As the graphics Flash has done till now are so awesome, I am tempted to release a teaser video.

We will see :)

• Like 3

Just wish a few more had fire to start as well as start (or select!!).

Yep, I did that already some time ago at the FUJIAMA meeting this year. But sadlly it was not done in the competition version.

There are also some minor tweaks in the actual version

ASC Version is made for PAL, but NTSC Version is now also ready.

Extra level integrated.

And some minor changes

Final box design and various Editions in work now.

Latest news and updates on Jim Slide always on http://www.facebook.com/JimSlide

Sliding is fun!

PS: Highscore for JIM SLIDE V1.09 from Software Contest is near 400.000. Definately beatable

• Like 2

I'm saving my comments on the games until after the contest but seeing/reading about improvements/enhancements is good and might earn a few more points for the games - well from me anyway :thumbsup:

Looks like my game Gravity has a minor bug on NTSC systems: on the first bonus screen (level 3) it works but some of your blocks seem to go off the left edge instead of going backwards and forwards until you drop them - this might be the abbuc menu or something - try pressing break and running the game again perhaps I'll have a look next week :)

Bomber tells on the screen that it needs 48K ... but my Atari 400 PAL has OS B, 48K but Bomber crashes ... everythings works (I see the bomber screen with the music) I press fire, the 1050 drive starts again, and then crash.

On my Atari 800XL it runs fine.

Edit:

I suspect the Packer ABBUC is using to get all the stuff on one floppy disk....

Edited by ProWizard

Game: Joy Mastah seems not to work on my Atari's

Can't imagine that the game is what it is now.

Well,

but the game is what it is now. It was delivered this way. There is nothing more to it, than pressing or releasing the fire button. Thats why it is called Joy Mastah.

Bomber tells on the screen that it needs 48K ... but my Atari 400 PAL has OS B, 48K but Bomber crashes ... everythings works (I see the bomber screen with the music) I press fire, the 1050 drive starts again, and then crash.

On my Atari 800XL it runs fine.

Edit:

I suspect the Packer ABBUC is using to get all the stuff on one floppy disk....

Correct. The packer I used for Bomber (main program/game) was Code3 Cruncher and a program packed with it requires 64k RAM to load (it uses RAM under the OS for depacking and/or storing data). Evil as I am, I packed all ML programs of the ASC 2015 and thus saved approx. 50% diskspace. Since Wolfgang has to copy the 5,25" disks for 400 members, he is quite happy with this.

Besides, you once wrote, you have more than 100 A8 machines, thus the 48k Atari 400 is not your only machine. Maybe you can just use an XL or XE ?!? The ASC rules say, that a program must work with 64k or 128k RAM, we do NOT test any programs on 16k, 32k or 48k machines - simply because I do not have any. And the Atari 400 and 800 are uncommon (or rare) in Europe, not only in Germany. But we are also uploading the original and unpacked 48k file version to the Abbuc member area, so all members can download it from there...

Why are you responding like you are stung by a bee? Why making this personal?

I was the other day testing a game for someone here on the forum on my 400 and I was surprised to see bomber didn't run while it states it was created for 48KB

I found bomber very cool on my 800xl and I thought people in USA with 400/800 might give the game zero points when they tried to test it.

It was just a thing I thought important to say.

The joystick game looked so buggy to me that I was wondering whether things were ok or not.

Just again: feedback from a member who tries the games.

I find it remarkable that you make this so personal.

Alright,

I contacted the Abbuc admin to upload the unpacked version of "Bomber" to the Abbuc member area.

Let`s wait and see..

(And no, I did not take it personal. I was just surprised that you tested Bomber on a 48k machine, when you have so many other XL and XE machines. Besides, I use the saying "evil as I am" quite often, but its in no way serious, its a joke. All the rest was just an explanation what I always do when I create magazine disks - packing programs with Superpacker or C3C, and what I don`t do or cannot do - testing programs on 16k, 32k or 48k machines.)

• Like 2

The unpacked version of Bomber is now available in the Abbuc member area. The ZIP file contains three versions of Bomber: a) the unpacked ASC 2015 version with all pictures/intros, b) the unpacked version with one picture / title picture and game and c) just the game (with no pictures/intros). The game should work with 48k RAM now. (But I am unable to test this.)

To download from the Abbuc member area you must be a) a member of Abbuc and b) logged in at the Abbuc webpage (otherwise the download will not work). Look here: http://www.abbuc.de/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8674

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1