IGNORED

UDS-10 Arrived. Connection issues.

wyerd

Let's try another experiment....

1) Telnet to the TI again, ensure all the settings in Telco are correct and matched to the UDS-10 settings.

2) Once connected send a CONTROL G from the TI to the PC. Did you hear it? Yes/No?

3) Now send a CONTROL G from the PC to the TI. Did you hear it? Yes/No?

If what you send is echoed on the sending terminal, ensure that there is sound coming from the destination speaker before concluding it is working.

...lee

Okay, let's recap....

A) You have your cable configured like this...

TI UDS-10

--- -----------

2 3

3 2

5 4

7 7

20 5 You've tested all the lines with a multi-tester and it's working perfectly. YES

1) Your program listed in message #48 only sends data FROM the TI to the PC via the UDS-10.

2) I'm assuming you opened the connection from the PC side? Is that correct? YES

If so, it appears data CAN go both directions from the PC to the UDS-10 on the Ethernet side of things.

Now data can also go OUT from the TI to the UDS-10 (as your program proves).

So this looks like data coming INTO the TI from the UDS-10 is the problem. Which would make me suspect.

1) A cable issue

2) A problem with the RS-232 Card

Let's try another experiment....

1) Telnet to the TI again, ensure all the settings in Telco are correct and matched to the UDS-10 settings.

2) Once connected send a CONTROL G from the TI to the PC. Did you hear it? Yes/No? YES

3) Now send a CONTROL G from the PC to the TI. Did you hear it? Yes/No? ONLY ON THE PC

Do you have another device that you can hook the UDS-10 to, like a Terminal or a PC to narrow down that it's not the UDS-10 with the output problem? If you can verify that it's not the cable or UDS-10, it can only be the RS-232 card. I HAVE A PC DB25 to DB9 Serial cable on its way to test this out.

Lastly if nothing else works, , just for kicks try Stuart's browser (with the proper settings). Anything at all? I'll let you know

• Like 1

How does Telco know which serial port on the card I want to use as I can only find this for Spooling options, not for Modem.

From the MAIN MENU arrow down to SETUP OPTIONS...

... select HARDWARE SETUP and select MODEM PORT.

After you are done, FCTN 9 to back out and then arrow down to SAVE CHANGES.

That's it.

<< TELCO DOCUMENTATION IN .PDF FORMAT >>

• Like 1

also. the cable that should have come with the UDS10 should have been a DB25 Male to DB9 Female. You mentioned DB9 male in an earlier post.

Yes, but the DB9 end was male and looked like it had been replaced with this type as it is a metal connector as opposed to the plastic moulded type which the other DB25 end is. I have a normal serial DB25 male to DB9 female cable on its way to test the UDS-10 on the PC using its DB9 male serial port.

As you stated, test it on the PC to rule out the UDS10. If it works on the PC and you have wired up a basic cable and no go on the TI, then you can probably come to the conclusion that it's your RS232 card.

I've just connected it to the PC with a serial cable which arrived today and it doesn't work. I'm using Windows 8 with a HyperTerminal clone connected to COM1 configured for 9600 8N1 both ends, D6 for the connect mode and I get nothing when I enter any AT commands. The UDS10 manual says that the status light should blink when there's a connection, but it's solid green meaning there's no connection. I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that it's faulty.

It's very likely. I have bought 2 used and both came to me faulty. So I started to buy ones that were new on ebay. Never had a problem with those..

can you return it?

Also there are ones that are on ebay that are UDS10s but been branded or not branded by anyone and work great.

I have bought 2 from this guy on ebay and they are not branded but are UDS10's.. both I bought were good and they are new..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lantronix-Ethernet-Modules-Development-Tools-Single-Port-Device-Server-/121129938764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c33e82f4c

• Like 1

It's very likely. I have bought 2 used and both came to me faulty. So I started to buy ones that were new on ebay. Never had a problem with those..

can you return it?

Also there are ones that are on ebay that are UDS10s but been branded or not branded by anyone and work great.

I have bought 2 from this guy on ebay and they are not branded but are UDS10's.. both I bought were good and they are new..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lantronix-Ethernet-Modules-Development-Tools-Single-Port-Device-Server-/121129938764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c33e82f4c

Yes, I can return it so I've just processed a return through eBay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm at a loss. The UDS-10 arrived and as far as I can tell it functions 100% when connected to my PC. When connected to the CorComp RS232, I get the same issues as last time.

I then connected the TI to the PC using the CorComp running Telco via a DB25 to DB9 cable and running a HyperTerminal clone on the PC. Typing on the TI is shown in HT, but not echoed on the TI. Typing on the PC is not shown in Telco. Both apps are setup 9600, 8N1, Full duplex.

Looks like the CorComp card is buggered after all, even though the parallel side works to a printer.

Anyone with a RS232 card for sale? Not sure if I should get another or go for a TI?

Is there anything else I can try to make sure that the card is 100% faulty?

Thanks. :_( :_(

same same. As I told in another thread, I had and have the same issue. over weeks, night for night, hour for hour,

I took almost about 2 nanos, 3 realPEBs with Corcomp- AND with TI-RS232, and 2 PCs with USB2SER AND real COM1 also.

bought about 20 different cables and adapters, genderchangers and and and, hundrets of hours and Euros. NO gain.NO. same sh.....

I wanted to use HDX, but in trouble, came over on checking with Telco

But now have to start again, because of the browser, also with my UDS....

/EDIT/ I ONCE got an on the Telco./. PC-Screen, and I immediatley "froze" this constellation, cabling used at this time.

was with the TI-RS232. but only once, and then never ever again.....

maybe there are many damaged RS232-Cards in this world or something like that ?

Do we need an antivirus for the TI ? :) :)

/EDIT/ One of my main thoughts in all this nights was, that I would pay 1000$ for a checked and confirmed for working serial-cable

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 1

Like I said before man, try a TI RS232 card. I know the pins are the same as the CorComp based on what you mentioned in a previous email, but like I said, I've had issues using Corcomps with the UDS using the SAME cable configs as I used with a TI card. And for this reason I have a feeling there is nothing wrong with your CC card, it just needs a slightly different cable config than what would be used with a TI card. Maybe a hardware handshaking issue? A serial breakout box could help determining a proper configuration.

Edited by Mad Hatter
  • Like 1