IGNORED

UDS-10 Arrived. Connection issues.

wyerd

Yeah, I've built my own cable following Omega's diagram and other setups as well. Get the same result. Nothing on the TI, but data gets transmitted. Data out, no data in. Checked & re-checked wiring. Telco terminal sends data, but nothing is displayed on the TI screen, no echo of entered characters and nothing from the remote terminal and the Browser program fails with unable to resolve hostname.

Anyone with a TI RS232 card for sale?

Yeah, I've built my own cable following Omega's diagram and other setups as well. Get the same result. Nothing on the TI, but data gets transmitted. Data out, no data in. Checked & re-checked wiring. Telco terminal sends data, but nothing is displayed on the TI screen, no echo of entered characters and nothing from the remote terminal and the Browser program fails with unable to resolve hostname.

Anyone with a TI RS232 card for sale?

When the PC and TI are connected together using a terminal program, you won't see the characters echoed back to the screen. This is normal. What is not normal is the failure to receive characters. The next likely scenario is that your RS232 card took a hit to either the RS232 interrupt line or the receive circuit. Unfortunately, you'll need another card to test.

Can you share both a picture of your cable and the exact diagram you followed?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Marc for supplying a genuine TI RS232 card and cables too.

I have also tried to access the Heatwave BBS using Telco following Omega's instructions, but all I get is a 0>

Has access to it been tried recently?

Were you able to test the new cable with the CorComp card? I am not asking you to disrupt your working system if you didn't test, I am just curious if the problem had been identified.

It's the same cable I was using with the CorComp card. It just works with the TI. Go figure!!!

maybe they have my old, vintage BatTlefIeld 2 there ? would be great on the TI

BBS: as I remember, he told something about "have to get up and hook the phone in the coupler". so let it ring.

this new browser is so coool, ♫♫ it drives me crayayayzyy ♫♫

:) :lust: ;-) 8) ;) :lust: ;-) :dunce: ;) :lust: :) 8) ;) :party: :twisted: :ahoy: :cool:

Glad the TI card worked for you. Kudos to Hull for hooking you up too, btw Marc just been crickets from you on Heatwave for like 1+ years, wtf man!

Derelection is my only excuse Kyle. Been working on a new game and sorting a bunch of HW for a friend but I should have checked in at least. What time are you serving horse-dervees?

What RS232 card are you using?

Sorry, did not see that post.

I got the browser running with my first try, with an original TI-RS232-Card. :)

I also have some more of them, some Corcomps, one MyArc,

and some more other external interfaces, also some nano´s.

And now, having a working cable-condition for sure, I will go on testing each of them with the browser,

(as I had no success for over weeks in getting a HDX-connection on the other side)

After that, having confirmed all types working, I will restart my tries in HDX.

Ralf

• Like 1

Sorry, did not see that post.

I got the browser running with my first try, with an original TI-RS232-Card. :)

I also have some more of them, some Corcomps, one MyArc,

and some more other external interfaces, also some nano´s.

And now, having a working cable-condition for sure, I will go on testing each of them with the browser,

(as I had no success for over weeks in getting a HDX-connection on the other side)

After that, having confirmed all types working, I will restart my tries in HDX.

Ralf

It'll be interesting to see if the browser still works by swapping out the TI RS232 with the CorComp.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see if the browser still works by swapping out the TI RS232 with the CorComp.

OK, had some short tests on all of my RS232-Cards....

they ALL are working, except the MyArc, which brings up a bluescreen only :(

The 4 Corcomps run as well, without any changes

I have uploaded a fully series of pics here, if you want to see:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.353852204806739.1073741855.326551627536797&type=3

(as it is to fiddly to upload them all here, sorry for that)

Next step now is testing all my cables (just on one of the running RS232-cards)

then all my nanoPEBs

RS