IGNORED

UDS-10 Arrived. Connection issues.

wyerd

• 5 years later...
On 2/16/2015 at 12:37 PM, wyerd said:

Firstly, The UDS-10 is on the LAN and can be seen and connected to via Telnet.

I've followed Omega's manual and loaded Telco to try at least to connect to the Heatwave BBS before trying Stuarts Browser, but I'm having issues.

Telco loads fine from the HxC once I stripped it from the original disk image to the format that could be read. I then configured the UDS-10 as explained in Omega's manual and connected the CorComp card in the PEB to the UDS-10 using a rewired null modem cable as shown again in Omega's Manual.

When I select the Terminal option from the main menu, I get a flashing cursor, but nothing happens when I try to enter the dial string commands. Also, the CorComp RS232 lights don't come on, but they do when I use the Diagnostics option 3 from the EX Basic 2.7 Cart.

Obviously I doing something wrong, or something's not working as it should. I'd be grateful for any help and pointers.

Thanks,

David.

Is that manual still around somewhere?  I tried looking in Omega's blog stuff because I thought it was there at one point in time, but I can't seem to find it?  I switched to fiber internet and it came with a new router and I don't think it is assigning my UDS-10 an IP address.

37 minutes ago, budz2355 said:

Is that manual still around somewhere?  I tried looking in Omega's blog stuff because I thought it was there at one point in time, but I can't seem to find it?  I switched to fiber internet and it came with a new router and I don't think it is assigning my UDS-10 an IP address.

https://www.lantronix.com/products/uds-10/

• Thanks 1

Yeah, the manual is like 6 years old now.  I believe it would require getting your hands on a period version (pre TIPI) of the browser.  There were some differences is the settings in this manual that were changed at a later point in time to speed things up.  Also, the UDS-10 version required Stuart's site to do the heavy lifting of the URL.  So, what does this all mean?  It means that IF you can get a period version of the browser, it may not even work any more.   At any rate, here is a copy of the PDF/manual.  Good luck!

Getting Your TI on the Internet.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2020 at 9:39 PM, Omega-TI said:

Yeah, the manual is like 6 years old now.  I believe it would require getting your hands on a period version (pre TIPI) of the browser.  There were some differences is the settings in this manual that were changed at a later point in time to speed things up.  Also, the UDS-10 version required Stuart's site to do the heavy lifting of the URL.  So, what does this all mean?  It means that IF you can get a period version of the browser, it may not even work any more.   At any rate, here is a copy of the PDF/manual.  Good luck!

Getting Your TI on the Internet.pdf 1.05 MB · 14 downloads

Thank Omega - this is exactly what I needed!

Question - have you ever seen 'Connection Refused' when trying to connect to the lantronix?  For some reason I cant get it to go, even at port 9999 on telnet.  Unless maybe I have the wrong IP address, but given the list I think that would mean my UDS isn't even connecting to the network?  When you said reset your device does that mean hold down the tiny button between the ethernet port and power cable for 30 seconds?

On 7/20/2020 at 3:39 AM, Omega-TI said:

None of the Lantronix versions of the Browser still on my website will work at the moment due to a change to a hard-coded IP address. But if you want to give me a shout once you get your UDS-10 working then I'll sort out a tweaked version for you.

• Like 1