IGNORED

If you could change one thing about an existing Jaguar title...

Rick Dangerous

Bzzt DO THE MATH.

50*42 = 2100

2100/8 = 262

262 / 3 = 87

You are STILL wrong. Keep posting ;)

Doesn't have to write to EEPROM, saving maps between current game levels would be enough, and then just the map you are on for the EEPROM.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 2

AvP - Restore the grenades. I didn't mind it forgetting the level maps and those sorts of things.

CyberMorph/BattleMorph - Add network play (on a sorta related note, Jason Smith had found a beta of BM that was six months before the release version and there are zero differences. Kinda sad they sat on it for that long without doing anything with it, money issues I imagine)

BattleSphere - As mentioned, changing the enemy colors on radar to what everyone expects

Trevor McFur - That game needed a lot more than one thing to fix it but at the very least co-op play would have been nice.

Ruiner Pinball - Put it on CD so we could have had more tables

Double Dragon 5 & White Men Can't Jump - Never have put them into production, shifting resources towards other games (otherwise I agree with the OP, DDV should have been a beat 'em up, not a poor man's SFII)

Towers II - allow you to access the 95% of level 11 that was blocked off

Zero 5 - Hold to rapid fire

Atari Karts - replace all of the no name characters with actual Atari characters of the past (2nd thing, make that apply to the levels in pulling them from past Atari games/properties)

Ultra Vortek - Give it the parallax effects found in Kasumi Ninja

Skyhammer - Fix battle mode so it stops generating more enemies than the hardware can handle

Fight For Life and Dragon: Same fix - the damage you inflict to enemies is screwed up in both games and needed tweaking.

Highlander - Make the battle system more like Batman Arkham Asylum (also, the end sequence where you have to dodge sniper fire was idiotic and should have been completely re-done)

Theme Park - Bug fixes, like getting the handyman to actually work where you assign him

Space Ace - Fix the control timing so it is actually playable

Hyper Force - use my time machine to release it in 1994 :P

Myst - Shelve it and release Return To Zork instead

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Jason Kingsley has been quoted as saying chequered Flag.or Redline Racing as it was then, started off as a straightforward Racing Sim and everyone complained they could'nt control (drive) the car, he defended this by saying: 'Of course you can't, it's a real F1 car.If you tried to drive a real F1 car you'd smash it to bits'.

Erm, kinda failing to grasp games=escapism and you need to make allowances for gameplay there Jason i figure, he also in same preview, described game as utterly amazing....
Each to their own :-).

Jason Kingsley has been quoted as saying chequered Flag.or Redline Racing as it was then, started off as a straightforward Racing Sim and everyone complained they could'nt control (drive) the car, he defended this by saying: 'Of course you can't, it's a real F1 car.If you tried to drive a real F1 car you'd smash it to bits'.

Erm, kinda failing to grasp games=escapism and you need to make allowances for gameplay there Jason i figure, he also in same preview, described game as utterly amazing....
Each to their own :-).

They are spinning it for the public. What do you expect them to say? That their work is shit? Oops our bad. We weren't up to the task. Hey hire us! Whose next?!?!

Edited by JagChris

They are spinning it for the public. What do you expect them to say? That their work is shit? Oops our bad. We weren't up to the task. Hey hire us! Whose next?!?!

LOL, are you saying you think they needed 'moar debugging windows' ?

Unfair. It's clear from running CF in an emulator that the underlying game works much better once it is free of input lag. If CF devs were allowed sufficient time to optimise their code and possibly even offer a few rendering options to keep things speedier, there might have been a chance of a game worthy of the name. Once you find out who made the call to ship it in an obviously unfinished state, then you can begin to point fingers.

From a sideline point of view, i've found the realationship between publisher and press to be very amusing over the years.Rebellion were far from the only developers to fall victim to (possible) claims they made.

Already posted a while back about how Mirage's PR dept were saying it was unfair to call Rise Of The Robots a Street Fighter clone as it was far more advanced and the real start of the Next Generation of software...then you've Factor 5 who were very vocal about how they thought Lair on PS3 had been treated by the press at review.

In their eyes there was nothing wrong with the control system employed, it was in fact the reviewers lack of understanding of how the control system worked, so they issued guides on how to control your dragon properly to the press in hope (i guess) of a more favourable re-review.Did'nt happen...

In the said preview where Kingsley is gushoing with praise for game and commenting on how people did'nt understand how to control a real F1 Car, the screens shown were those 'fake' (much higher res, better draw distance etc etc) screens Atari used in early adverts when game was still known as Red Line Racing.

Edge did a fantastic making of AVP a few years back, i'd love for them to do the same but for CF2, and detail games progress from concept to release and how and why things changed and who made the decisions that saw the game released in state of was etc etc.

I'd like to see comments from all sides involved, not just Kingsley and co's, but also Atari's, to get a better understanding of all circumstances involved.