IGNORED

If you could have only 1 Atari Aracde Machine in your home...

Clint Thompson

• 2 months later...

I don't relish the thought of having an arcade video game in my home...I'm trying to get RID of stuff! :)

But....Food Fight, cocktail table version. (Cocktail table so that it could also be used as a table...if I'm getting more furniture, by gum it'll multitask!)

• Like 3

Another vote for Vector games. I have an Asteroids that needs some TLC, it is timeless. I want a Tempest, too.

Awww, what about Lunar Lander? That game needs some love too!

lunar_lander_marquee_small.jpg

lunar_lander_large.png

I don't remember where I got it, but it appears it's on my PC...

The attached is a screen shot from my PC

post-35324-0-44034100-1432163819_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Missile Command. Favorite when I was a kid, first game I bought 17 years ago and it'll be the last game I get rid of (if ever). That game is more hardcore 80s than a Fiero made out of Rubik's Cubes.

Also have an Asteroids Deluxe. Never a favorite back in the day because a quarter lasted about 25 seconds. Like it now because it still kicks my ass so it never gets boring. I do hate the cabinet...oddest, ugliest thing to come from Atari.

I also owned a Crystal Castles for several years. Really like the game back in the 80s but got burned out on it quickly as an owner. I sort of wish I kept it as it was one of the coolest looking cabinets ever made by any company.

I see Moon Patrol posted above (NOT ATARI) and I owned one of those too. That was one of my ultimate favorites as a kid...I could get through both courses on one quarter. Burned out on that one just as fast as Crystal Castles and it got sold too. I think the ability to Continue indefinitely didn't help either as it takes all the mystery out of the game.

I love games that I can't seem to master and can get angry at. Asteroids Deluxe and Defender are at the top of the list.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Missile Command. Favorite when I was a kid, first game I bought 17 years ago and it'll be the last game I get rid of (if ever). That game is more hardcore 80s than a Fiero made out of Rubik's Cubes.

Also have an Asteroids Deluxe. Never a favorite back in the day because a quarter lasted about 25 seconds. Like it now because it still kicks my ass so it never gets boring. I do hate the cabinet...oddest, ugliest thing to come from Atari.

I also owned a Crystal Castles for several years. Really like the game back in the 80s but got burned out on it quickly as an owner. I sort of wish I kept it as it was one of the coolest looking cabinets ever made by any company.

I see Moon Patrol posted above (NOT ATARI) and I owned one of those too. That was one of my ultimate favorites as a kid...I could get through both courses on one quarter. Burned out on that one just as fast as Crystal Castles and it got sold too. I think the ability to Continue indefinitely didn't help either as it takes all the mystery out of the game.

I love games that I can't seem to master and can get angry at. Asteroids Deluxe and Defender are at the top of the list.

U should got the sit-down missile command.

If it was any machine i'd go for smash tv or tapper, but for the atari machine i'd have to say a gutted pole position with an emulator so i wouldn't have to deal with it's glitches.

The shifting doesn't work right in MAME as I had a Pole Position cabinet running Pole Position II in MAME. What would happen is during the game your shifter would at times get reversed somehow so if the shifter was in low the game would think you were in high and vice versa.

There was a guy that documented a Pole Position MAME cabinet and I looked him up when I did my cabinet. He sent me a version of MAME called "Shifter MAME" but I could never get it to work. So I just used WolfMAME and just dealt with the shortcomings. I sold the cabinet a few months ago.

I would say, if you want a Pole Position cabinet get the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...

There is lots of love for vector games, but nobody else seems to want Space Duel. It's like Asteroids, but better (and in colour)!

I have it on my PC, PS 2, and phone as part of the various Atari compilations. I can only remember ever seeing it in one place -- the front entrance to the big Eaton's store, alongside Ms. Pac Man. No local arcade had it.

The home console games are totally different. Atari did an arcade prototype around 95. It's like the Simpsons, as in its a beat em up. The similarities end there. I just played this at MGC, and it's one of the most fun games I've ever played.