IGNORED

MAC/65 - the final chapter

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went back and reread Lawrow's message where he says he's unclear on whether he holds any copyright on the ICD version of Mac/65. Given that, I don't see any reason for me not to release the source code to Mac/65 or SpartaDos for that matter. Harker doesn't care, and since Mike H is in the wind, his opinion doesn't matter.

$title(MAC65/XL Cartridge © 1988 ICD Inc)
$subtitle(Cartridge main bank for MAC65)
$include "equate.asm"
$include "tokens.asm"

seg main
;=================================
; Process source line
;=================================

Lawrow says just to respect the copyright notice, which on mine is still ICD, which is Tom Harker and he told me himself "Do what you want.".

• Like 5

Hi Alfred,

That is really nice to hear. :-)

Meanwhile, the source code isn't anymore the problem. We are in possession of all, the main problem is a 32 error code when assembling the source code on MAC/65 to a cart, which can be used by all. If that is finished and will be in the near future, Kevin and me will make the announced OSS-Day part 1 regarding MAC/65 followed by part 2 and 3, which do not include SpartaDOS, of course. ;-)

So, we live in interesting times. But it is very appreciated, that Tom gives us green light, too. We really like that. :-)

Mike is not in the wind. Indeed he is reading here. There are 2 sources who have direct contact to him. We already have done that.

Personally, I would like to get green light from Paul and Kathleen, too.

The Wilkinson family already gave us green light.

post-32599-0-61192800-1472052803_thumb.jpg

Edited by luckybuck
  • Like 2

Personally, I would like to get green light from Paul and Kathleen, too.

The Wilkinson family already gave us green light.

It's not clear to me if you are talking about MAC/65 or (also) about some other OSS product. If it is for MAC/65 only, then I think Lawrow made it clear long ago that he was the sole copyright holder at OSS. Nobody else at OSS had any rights on MAC/65. His only doubts, (again, if I understand correctly) are about the exact legal status when ICD purchased OSS because he sold partial rights to ICD. He even told that each copyright holder had closed door separate meetings with ICD. IIRC, it was the developer of Auction, he for MAC/65, and Bill Willkinson for most other OSS stuff.

That doesn't mean that getting the ok from the rest of OSS wouldn't be nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...