IGNORED

What Is Your Main/Favorite Atari 8-bit Computer Display Used and Why?

MrFish

Main Atari 8-Bit Computer Display  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Display Type?

• CRT
    • Flat-Panel
    • Projection
  2. 2. Display Class?

• Monitor
    • Studio Monitor
    • Television
    • Video Capture Card
  3. 3. Display Size?

• 10" or Smaller
    • 11" - 14"
    • 15" - 17"
    • 18" - 21"
    • 22" - 26"
    • 27" - 32"
    • 33" or Larger
  4. 4. Video Signal?

• RF
    • Composite
    • S-Video
    • VBXE
  5. 5. Video Output Circuitry?

• Modded/Custom
    • Stock Atari
  6. 6. Video Converter Box?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Mine changed since my vote and initial comments. Owing to severe space constraints, I'm now using the LG M227WD 21.5" LCD TV/Monitor bolted to a cantilever wall-mount. I still prefer the picture on a 1084S, but the LG is 1080p, serves as a third desktop monitor for OBS, has HDMI, DVI, Component, SCART, VGA, A/V, and s-video inputs and works with just about everything.

• Like 1

Call me a lamer, but I prefer RF video signal over composite, if it's free of interferences,

then it looks quite clear and has some kinda natural anti-aliasing. Plus, the sound of the Atari has got more power, more bass compared to composite

It does sound kinda lame, these days; but I only ever used composite BITD, and I never had any complaints.

What kind of hardware are you using?

I wasn't following this forum back when this poll was started, from about 2013-16 I was MIA with a DOA Atari or two in storage.

I am pretty sure I only used RF from '85 until the early 90's when I finally upgraded from my RF only 14" TV to a TV with a composite input, and I also purchased a monitor cable from Best Electronics at the time, the ones with both composite and croma/luma RCA jacks.

By the late 90's I had purchased a Commodore 1702 using it's chroma/luma inputs with the stock S-video output of the 130XE. That 1702 was accidentally left behind in a move around the turn of the century.

But soon after I got a Commodore 1084S-P (I think it says "P", if that's nonexistant then it's probably a D) and I also upgraded from the stock 130XE to an upgraded 1200XL that I gave the SV2.1 video upgrade too and continued to use it with the 1084S monitor until 2016 when I brought it all out of storage and repaired my 1200XL and still used the 1084 for a few days until the PSU went out on the 1084S. I still have it, waiting to be repaired and will be used with 1200XL number 2 with SV2.1 upgrade and the ANTIX dual Antic board.

My current PAL 1200XL has the SV2.1 upgrade and is currently connected to a cheap Sceptre 21" LCD TV/monitor via composite video, just until I repair a video-to-VGA converter box I have, then it will be going S-video through the converter and then into the same TV via VGA.

My Atari 800 currently is using it's stock chroma/luma via my RIX break-out-box's S-video to my working video-to-VGA converter into an old eMachines LCD monitor. I was using this converter box with my PAL 1200XL until recently, but I had to give it to the 800 because both of my LCD TV's will only show a B/W picture with my 800, via composite.

Edited by Gunstar

I'm still surprised in the lack of votes for VBXE.

There's got to be at least a hundred of those things out there; I hear people saying they have one all the time...

I don't have VBXE. And I don't have U1MB, Rapidus, Sophia, Soundboard, Antonia, SID, Maria, Amy, Keri, Isabel, Stephanie, Sara, Betty, Denise, Paula, ... ;-)

Still using a good old CRT television (Toshiba 55 cm or 22" stereo, with two Scart ports, one with S-Video and one with RGB; does PAL and NTSC). Alas, the Toshiba LCD I have has an absolutely lousy display of old computers (A8) and consoles (NES, Mega Drive) gaming screens, thats why I still use the CRT tv for them...

Edited by CharlieChaplin