IGNORED

Night Stalker

Elvis8Atari

4 hours ago, Captain_Combat said:

Playing e.t. On the dark night console on the kiosk. Opened night stalker with all the contents in the box. Tried playing but the cartridge doesn’t seat/fit properly in the dark night. Maybe I’ll have to try a 2600 junior?

Oh and e.t. was not the worse game Howard your off the hook.

4ADC7D4F-4120-4C5E-AC31-770EEABC9548.jpeg

My Telegames PAL Night Stalker was also a pain to put into my Vader as well, from memory.  Maybe a slightly thicker cart tongue, or more likely the tongue edge not tappered enough to push open the cart slot dust protector.  I just turned the Vader upside down, which usually has the dust protector open up, because of wear to the dust mechanism after all these years.  A bit of a gentle wriggle and it went in.  FYI.  Same fix for carts with broken dust protector activation legs.

#EDIT#  Actually.  I'm wrong.  I remember the carts dust protector activation legs were the exact same length as the cart tongue.  The tongue should be recessed back further (like in other carts), to allow the activation legs to open the dust protector BEFORE the tongue enters the cart slot.  That's why I turned the Vader upside down, eliminating the use of the activation legs.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Spriggy said:

My Telegames PAL Night Stalker was also a pain to put into my Vader as well, from memory.  Maybe a slightly thicker cart tongue, or more likely the tongue edge not tappered enough to push open the cart slot dust protector.  I just turned the Vader upside down, which usually has the dust protector open up, because of wear to the dust mechanism after all these years.  A bit of a gentle wriggle and it went in.  FYI.  Same fix for carts with broken dust protector activation legs.

#EDIT#  Actually.  I'm wrong.  I remember the carts dust protector activation legs were the exact same length as the cart tongue.  The tongue should be recessed back further (like in other carts), to allow the activation legs to open the dust protector BEFORE the tongue enters the cart slot.  That's why I turned the Vader upside down, eliminating the use of the activation legs.

Thanks springy, I tried turning it upside down but still didn’t work. I did however get it to work on the junior. Here’s a screenshot 

D3B860D4-A708-481E-9E7E-F64135D971AD.jpeg

942386C6-14E9-4663-AF64-6EA8F539FA02.jpeg

Red/Silver box, when usually for Atari 2600 they are all black boxes. I was considering ordering, got this:

Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!
Remove Image Product Name Model Quantity Unit Price Total
    Hyperdrome

hyperdrome   £52.98 £52.98
    Night Stalker ***

night-stalker   £16.80 £16.80

Edited by high voltage