IGNORED

Volker Barthelmann's/Frank Wille's VASM assembler for the JRISC

JagChris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

New Vasm Win32 convenience builds.

Nothing Jaguar specific this time. Just general updates and improvements so it's time for a new posting for those who need it.

This time I'm even including his object tool for those who may want it.

vasm history

=============

- 1.8c (15.03.18)

o Relocated ORG blocks within a section were not recognized, when their

start address was 0.

o The count in repeat-directives is always unsigned, even when given as a negative value.

o Check for target address space overflows.

o Fixed crash when undefining non-existing register symbols.

o A redefined label is no longer a warning, but an error.

o arm: Fixed compile-error from last release.

o vobj-output: Fixed uninitialized symbol index for internal/local symbols.

o oldstyle-syntax: New directive ROFFS to set the program counter relative

to the start of the current section.

vobjdump.zip

vasmjagrisc_std.zip

vasmjagrisc_mot.zip

vasmjagrisc_madmac.zip

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

20-Aug-2018: vasm 1.8d.

Repeat-loops with a single line generated a malformatted listing file.

m68k: Recognize (PC) addressing mode and transform it into (0,PC).

m68k: Only "fpu 1..7" may enable FPU code generation.

m68k: -kick1hunks also prevents optimizing from absolute to 32-bit PC-relative.

mot-syntax: Report garbage at end of line for DC directives.

mot-syntax: Labels with a double colon are automatically exported (xdef).

mot-syntax: Allow '?' within identifiers, in Devpac-compatibility mode.

madmac-syntax: Report garbage at end of line for DC directives.

std-syntax: Fixed \@ (unique id) in macros, which was broken since 1.7h.

Win32 convenience builds

vasmm68k_madmac.zip

vasmjagrisc_mot.zip

vasmjagrisc_std.zip

vasmjagrisc_madmac.zip

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
Vasm update

- 1.8e (28.12.18)

o New option -dwarf automatically generates line debug information for

source level debugging in DWARF V2 or DWARF V3 format.

o Repeatedly included files are only loaded once into memory.

o m68k: Avoid wrong branch-optimization info messages with -opt-allbra.

o std-syntax: Fixed potential buffer overflow when parsing macro arguments.

Win32 convenience builds

vasmjagrisc_madmac.zip

vasmjagrisc_mot.zip

vasmjagrisc_std.zip

vasmm68k_madmac.zip

Edited by JagChris

• 2 months later...
10-Jun-2019: vasm 1.8f.

New option -wfail makes vasm return with an error code not only for errors but also for warnings.
m68k: Warn about DIVxL.L with identical quotient and remainder registers.
m68k: Do not optimize or translate PC-relative addressing modes when the referenced symbol is in a different section.
m68k: RTD operand should be signed.
m68k: Automatic optimization of absolute to base-relative addressing (-sd option) must only be done when the target address is between offset 0 and 65535 in the small data section.
mot-syntax: Structure directives (RS, SO, FO) without an offset-expression are not allowed in Devpac-compatibility mode (-devpac).
mot-syntax: __LINE__ represents the correct line number again, after it had been broken in the last version.
mot-syntax: New option -cnop=<code> sets a two-byte code for padding CNOP-alignments. Defaults to 0x4e71 for M68k.

Win32 convenience builds:
vasmm68k_madmac.zip

vasmjagrisc_std.zip

vasmjagrisc_mot.zip

vasmjagrisc_madmac.zip

vobjdump.zip

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 2

Vlink updates June 2019

10-Jun-2019: vlink 0.16c.
New target file format XFile, for Sharp X68000 computers. At the moment only executables may be created. No object file support.
(ados/ehf) Handle data-bss sections correctly, when linking/stripping executable files.

28-Dec-2018: vlink 0.16b.
New option -mtype: merge all sections of the same type (code, data, bss), ignoring name and attributes.
(ados/ehf) Fixed possible segfault when linking resident modules.
(ados/ehf) Allow linking/stripping executables again.

Win32 convenience build.

vlink.zip

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 1

To save on Alberts costs, and generally be more useful.  Would it not be better to post links to the official download page rather than a random selected binary that will only be of use to some people who are interested in this?  Links to the official download pages will help people find them and download appropriate version as well as potentially seeing important updates and bug fixes that you may miss, or as soon as they happen etc.

Rather than filling up AA with random binaries from a third parties project?

• Like 6

16 hours ago, JagChris said:

I do this by request as some people are more VS oriented and are not set up to compile these themselves. As for 'as soon as they happen and bug fixes i may miss' this is for convenience. Those who want more militant updates can check for themselves. 

How does that prevent them from following a link to a download page with all the versions they might need?  You uploaded the Win32 version, what about Win64, OSX, Linux (32/64), BSD etc etc

If you are compiling these yourself and producing these binaries it would be more efficient to put them on a single page and link to that, let people get what they need from there.  Also easy to bookmark and saves scrolling through a forum looking for files!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinkoVitch said:

How does that prevent them from following a link to a download page with all the versions they might need?  You uploaded the Win32 version, what about Win64, OSX, Linux (32/64), BSD etc etc

If you are compiling these yourself and producing these binaries it would be more efficient to put them on a single page and link to that, let people get what they need from there.  Also easy to bookmark and saves scrolling through a forum looking for files!

Also, you could set up a hosting space of your own and have all files there for download...

• Like 2

OSX, 64bit... Not that big an operation. I got requests for these so I figured I'd post these here for anyone else who needs them. Win32 Convenience build means just that. Maybe not the ideal build, just a convenient one to reach a wider audience. 

In the interest of saving space I will look into deleting all but the last couple builds. But altogether the builds are dwarfed by the FFL sources that got posted up a few months ago.

30 minutes ago, JagChris said:

OSX, 64bit... Not that big an operation. I got requests for these so I figured I'd post these here for anyone else who needs them. Win32 Convenience build means just that. Maybe not the ideal build, just a convenient one to reach a wider audience. 

In the interest of saving space I will look into deleting all but the last couple builds. But altogether the builds are dwarfed by the FFL sources that got posted up a few months ago.

So if someone wants one of those specific historical builds how would they then go about getting it? After trawling through this 5 page thread, to either find it or find you have deleted it.??

You are not getting how much more complex you are making things, and yes, sometimes you do want a specific downrev version of a tool due to particular features/bugs that are present in it, latest isn't always the greatest.  Forums are for discussions primarily not software distribution.

A nicer solution would be a nice single website with current version for each specific platform targetted, as well as a link to a page containing all previous builds so someone can grab a specific version if they so wish.  This is how pretty much everyone does it.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 9:11 PM, JagChris said:

I never hear these things when I'm sharing source codes, sound engines etc.

This would be covered by the word "Primarily" obviously forums can be great for sharing things with the community that you have found.  But that's not what you are doing, you are distributing versions of software.  As I am not aware of you sharing "sound engines" I take that as a dig in regard to my Sound Engine thread on here where I post when a new release occurs?  If so you will note I don't include the release in the post, but a URL to where you can download it, and all other versions.

Of course we could look at all other software houses, I guess loads of them distribute patches and updates via the medium of a long forum post thread.. Hmmm nope, doesn't look like it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Vasm updates. There has been two updates since last build post.

Highlights from last two builds:

madmac-syntax: Added missing .offset and .abs directives to start an offset-section.

jagrisc: Add more predefined condition codes. Now vasm supports the same condition codes as the SMAC assembler.

madmac-syntax: Fixed string expressions as macro arguments.

Along with various improvements etc. Full list here:

http://sun.hasenbraten.de/vasm/

Ran into a snag trying to post win32 convenience builds so with some help I present you with builds that require at least msvc 2017 installed and a 64 bit setup despite the name. Sorry.

But for now they're here for those who want to try them. In the usual syntax flavors.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytbahzeocusexqm/vasmjagrisc_madmac_win32_1.8i.exe.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jq5xe0b59lxyug3/vasmjagrisc_mot_win32_1.8i.exe.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5eqvr8uvrn4d8gk/vasmjagrisc_std_win32_1.8i.exe.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y920b6fryfliqno/vasmm68k_madmac_win32_1.8i.exe.zip/file

4 hours ago, JagChris said:

My bad. Correction. The builds are actually 32 bit but still require Visual Studio.

Why on earth would it require Visual Studio? If you had to have VS installed then you might as well compile them yourself and it negates the need to distribute binaries.  You sure you don't mean it needs the MSVC runtime distributable?  Plus you need to be specific as to which version 2015, 2017, 2019 etc they are not cross compatible.