IGNORED

What are your TI plans & wants for 2015?

Omega-TI

I plan to...

- learn more about a more-advanced version of Extended BASIC; I'd love to really

examine whats out there and what new commands exist

- get a new console that's in better-condition

- create more backups of old disks to the 3.5 floppy disk (and then use them with

emulation since my PC still has a 3.5 drive)

- type in some old magazine thingies that I never got to back in the day (even if they

are already available on files, the joy of typing stuff lingers)

I want to...

- try and track down a version of SPAD XIII, mark 2 that works with Classic 99 or Win994a (maybe

it's already around, but I don't know); also, I'd want to get a replacement manual for the game

since I spilled some juice on it in 1988 (or whenever it came out)

- locate a TI INVADERS cartridge that has the SHIFT 838 cheat (if it exists beyond the emulation

file)

• Like 1

Work extensively on my RPG. Hardware is boxed up now because of space constraints, so I will be working solely off Classic99.

I have developed a plan of immediate action on it... Stuff that has needed to happen for two years now but my attention has been divided or completely lacking.

I still have my hardware stored safely and securely, so hopefully one day in the near future, I'll pick up a new nanoPEB and test Beryl on iron.

Last two big updates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtZe9a2juc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1X4yGUr8w

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 5

Trust me, it's nowhere near as complete as it seems in the videos. still no battle engine and enemies are still just on paper. But thanks for your interest!

matthew180 is primarily responsible for that scroll routine.

Alot of hard work has gone into it so far, but most of it was TOO hard... as in, double work and rebuilding the game loop about 50 times because I wasn't happy with something or another.

Buckle down time. Feel free to keep up with the development on the game development thread in the TI-99 development section!

Work extensively on my RPG. Hardware is boxed up now because of space constraints, so I will be working solely off Classic99.

I have developed a plan of immediate action on it... Stuff that has needed to happen for two years now but my attention has been divided or completely lacking.

I still have my hardware stored safely and securely, so hopefully one day in the near future, I'll pick up a new nanoPEB and test Beryl on iron.

Last two big updates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtZe9a2juc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1X4yGUr8w

This has to be the best music ever heard on a TI, who would believe that the humble 4a could sound like this, surely this is even better than SID music ;)

• Like 1

My TI plans for 2015 are rapidly coming together, Smooth Scrolling trilogy and SabreWulf arrived today, UCSD Pascal system, Diagnostic and demonstration cartridge arrived yesterday,(along with an extra Disk Manager 2 that I was not expecting).

Next on the hit list is a Lotharek drive, just need to source the drive brackets and I can wave goodbye to one of my 5 and 1/4 drives.

My plan for 2015 is to get my TI set up with a dedicated monitor instead of sharing a TV with old my retro game consoles.

See if I can get my second PEB working. Add to my game collection (cart, tape or disk all are fine).

At some point I would like to get a second disk drive working on my first PEB. The second PEB I would maybe like to get a lantronix and HxC (the micro SD thing right?) and maybe a f18a video card? What do you guys think keep one stock and mod the heck out of the other?

Also my major goal is to learn what the heck I am do here?!?! :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

New to the scene and already wishes :)

My wishes are not that unavailable, so I’d rather put them here, and update my previous list.

• TI Data Recorder
  • Mini Memory Cartridge
  • Editor/Assembler GROM IC to make a switchable Super Cart
  • F18A for my TI-99/4A
  • second F18A for my homebrew computer (65816 also 16-bit)

The TI's machine language is intriguing to me. So my wish is to learn a little bit about it.

• Like 2