IGNORED

IntyBasic.

CyranoJ

Thanks! I have no idea there are a ton on karate/kung fu games from the 80's...lol. I've never played it or had the pleasure of owning it...

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 1

Thanks! I have no idea there are a ton on karate/kung fu games from the 80's...lol. I've never played it or had the pleasure of owning it...

Don't mind him, his head's been up IK+'s arse for hours :0)

It's one of the most sublime pure gamey games in the gaming gameyverse. So many lovely little touches and so many hours of pure multiplayer fun.

StickHead placed it at #1 in his ST games top 10. Can't argue. That's the best video to watch as it's a really good guide to the game and he's a decent player.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 2

...and he's a decent player.

Less than 3 mins in, "White Belt is out" :P

More seriously though, IK+ IS one of the best fighting simulators ever. The whole, having to connect the point of impact with your opponent... never really been done since as games auto distance you now etc.

If ANY of these ST games we've seen come to fruition so far deserves its own official cart run... this would be the number one candidate! Also...

Have this on the ps1 & love it on that format. Wasn't this an archer McLean game or am I getting my wires crossed?

I also have the PS1 version (only) as I sold my A500 well over a decade ago. However, the PS1 version is buggy as hell and the SFX etc are all completely broken.

Issues with the accuracy of the gameplay (v.important in this game!) are present, no inclining SFX for the ball and shield game, bomb fragments disappearing on explosion to god knows where. etc.

It's a real shame.

However, we could have the definitive Atari 'home console' version here in the works though? After all, CD32 got theirs... eh? ;)

(p.s. Yes - it's an Archer Maclean game)

• Like 3

Well, I've got the main game working now. The bonus stages are working but are flickering badly, so they need some work. The title screen is a total mess :)

Apart from being a fantastic game this is easily the #1 contender for showcasing how utterly shit the Jagpad is at diagonals :)

(Zipstick to Jaguar converter, anyone?)

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 5