IGNORED

Need help authinticating burgertime Gatefold boxes

gamer001001

Yep. Seeing the back is the easiest way to tell. If you have a purple border around the white/text area, it's a gatefold. The other version is all white. If you only see it from the front, there is noticeably more blank space above the title of Burgertime.

Nice find. I opened my sealed one and it is the copy for my collection!

The easiest way to identify the gatefold BurgerTime (if sealed and you can't open it) is by the colored border on the back. The non-gatefold back is all white with no border. Also, the left spine is smooth and the right spine has a lip (the part that opens). Non-gatefolds have both smooth spines since there is no front cover to open. Lastly, the gatefold is a taller box.

Isn't it obvious based on the fact that there's an obvious seam on the right side of the box, where it opens? I can tell that even from these pictures.

This might be hard to tell from a smaller pic on say Ebay, but in hand it should be pretty noticeable, I'd have to think.

Edited by freeweed

The gatefold Burgertime is rarer than the non gatefold versions. Valuewise..... being sealed helps and condition matters. Possibly $20. $30 if really nice, maybe? Just my opinion.

Yours looks pretty nice - only exception being that if the shrinkwrap is to tight it can warp the box, which is a big turnoff for me. It's not too bad on yours, but noticeable. I've seen way worse, though.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV