IGNORED

Smoke Gun

Retro Lord

I used all of my programming knowledge to put this game together. I find it a lot of fun personaly and I think I hammered out all the bugs.

Controls:

Move the sheriff with the joystick up, down, left or right. Press the button on the joystick too fire.

Shoot the outlaws to gain points. If you move over cactuses, grass and everything that isn't sand your movement is slowed down. The outlaws move faster the further you advance. The outlaws change color when you progress too a new screen.

4 different screens.

If you move outside the screen you appear on the opposite side, use this too your advantage!

Press the resetswitch when the game is over too restart the game.

1037222335-main_zpse6245a01.jpg

1037222335-top_zps67a58855.jpg

Namnloumls_zpsd4385c06.png

DOWNLOAD : Smoke Gun.bin

• Like 2

Nice Job! I played it for a little while, and am a big fan of the original Outlaw and Manuel Polik's Gunfight homebrew. I found sometimes your opponent would respawn almost directly on top of you on the same side of the screen, it almost seems a bit unfair. I'd have him start on the opposite side of the screen all the time after you kill him. I'd also consider making the obstacles on the screen stop the bullets to add a bit more strategy to the gameplay.

You didn't post your code so I can't give you a specific tip, but re-spawning the opponent on the opposite side of the screen is pretty easy. Just check the X coordinate of your player vs. the opponent. If the player's x value is less than the opponent, respawn on the right. If it's greater than the opponents, respawn on the left.

Assuming the player is player0 and the opponent is player1, then use code similar to this when the player kills the opponent:

if collision (missile0, player1) && player0x < player1x then player1x=130:player1y=80

if collision (missile0, player1) && player0x > player1x then player1x=20:player1y=80

Okay, I believe the sound glitch is fixed. And I had a bit of issue with the starting position of the outlaw, I can't make him start in a static spot without messing a lot up, so I did the next best thing, I made the player start in the middle of the screen, and I think this solution works well.

Thanks for taking your time to test things out and finding what can be improved. Gameplay testing is important. I don't always find glitches by myself or come up with improvements on gameplay.

DOWNLOAD : Smoke Gun 1.6.bin

This is a nice little game. I'm poor at it. :)

Think I've got a bug for you. Twice now, I've died as I jump from the first screen to the second. I never come back to life, and can be shot repeatedly until the game ends. Here's a screenshot for you. (I'm not getting shot at this time; instead, the purple guy is just stomping all over my corpse. :lol: )

post-35165-0-89052900-1424636436_thumb.jpg

This is a nice little game. I'm poor at it. :)

Think I've got a bug for you. Twice now, I've died as I jump from the first screen to the second. I never come back to life, and can be shot repeatedly until the game ends. Here's a screenshot for you. (I'm not getting shot at this time; instead, the purple guy is just stomping all over my corpse. :lol: )

I had the same problem. I got 110 points, jumped to the 2nd screen couldn't move and the game ended.