IGNORED

Atari Panther Visualizations Legitimate?

BitJag

I was wondering if the visualization on the Panther Wiki is legitimate or not.

I can't seem to find any official documentation on the net for the design, or anything official about the Panther except for one scan of a News Release document given to certain magazines about the console at the bottom of this page. I also found a 3D visualization on this website which claims that is has been modeled after drawings in some official documentation in Curta Vandela's archive, but it doesn't show any documentation to backup the claim unfortunately. The fact there are two different visualization on two different sites leads me to believe that there possibly is an official source for these visualizations.

I was wondering if someone could confirm the console design with something official. I am looking to do some art, and I would like to be at least somewhat accurate in my visualizations of the console. I understand it is a long-shot, but I thought I would ask, just in case if someone had some additional info on the Panther's console design.

As far as i'm aware the chipsets were housed in the VCR style box seen in articles like the one i had put up on here by High Voltage:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230198-the-one-uk-magazine-death-of-the-panther-from-lost-dragon/

That wikip.Sketch is just someones fantasy drawing, but guess likes of Marty might know of any 'true' potential hardware case designs Atari might have had.

I've still got my 2 Ex-Domark sources trying to contact ex-work mates of theirs to see IF claims in said article about Domark doing Pitfighter are true.

1 said he was aware of 'Talk' within the Domark offices, the other had never even heard of The Panther console, but both think they might know 'someone' who would know, it'll just take time to contact them.

Fingers crossed.

Awesome Kr0tki! Thank you so much. It is a shame that these are hidden in the way back machine, as it would be nice if these were available on somewhere a bit more permanent, like Atari Age.

I am going to find time to do an accurate 3D model (according to these drawings) and release it to the public, along with the Jaguar models as well eventually. These drawings help out tremendously. Thanks again!

• Like 1