IGNORED

ENTRAPMENT - 2 Versions

sparkdrummer

As I slowly go thru my thousands of 5 1/4 disks that I have accumulated since the 80's I came across something I wasn't aware of. There are two versions of ENTRAPMENT.

Truth be told, this is probably one of my favorite TI games because you can actually beat the bugs.

The game gets pretty hard on skills 3 thru 6 as well. I have attached game images and a .dsk file with both versions on board.

conTInuing,

-Ralph...

post-39776-0-03588900-1424617441_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-47551600-1424617449_thumb.jpg

entrap.dsk

• Like 2

Interesting bit of data. I know there were two different releases of the software: the original TI tapes that came out as part of a mixed-bag of cassette titles that Triton sold (and the only way any originals from TI ever made it into circulation--I have one of these), and the later third-party release. I wonder if the differences here show up there as well, or if one of these here is actually a copy of the code as it was still in development.

• Like 1

Glad you like it - I do too. No idea on who authored. Both versions were apparently released by American. The original releases used an XB load file that brought the games into memory via an D/F80 file. I converted to what you see using good old SYSTEX.

Like I said, I dig this game. I like the black version the best because of the better graphics...

conTInuing,

-Ralph...