IGNORED

ZENOBOARD

sparkdrummer

I wonder if we can just re-spin the 99/4A motherboard at this point, including the Zenoboard mods on it.  Not as drastically as the guy who completely made a new system, but something akin to the C64 reloaded board.

Including:

• Intergrated 32K/SAMS 
    • Switchable via Jumper or to disable
  • Integrated F18A MKII onboard (not as a daughter card)
    • Replaces 9918A and 8 ICs as well as support circuitry 
  • Integrated UberGROM microcontroller with GROM 0/1/2 and built in utility suite (XB/EA/DM2K) that is shut off when cartridge is installed
    • External jacks for ADC and RS232 outputs for Joysticks and RS232 from the 1284P
  • Speech Synth chips onboard (move from speech synth)
  • Speed modification jumpers (in case you want to run faster)
  • TI PI header onboard for Zero or 3/4, lined up with case to expose Ethernet jack
    • Jumper to indicate whether present or not (to enable DSR ROM)
  • Clock IC
    • Jumper to enable/disable

Stretching:

• FinalGROM with SD card slot built in that is shut off when cartridge is installed
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, acadiel said:

something akin to the C64 reloaded board.

One of the cool things about the C64 Reloaded is I can load different kernels and select them at will.  For instance, on mine I have the stock 64 kernel, C64 JiffyDOS, and the SX-64 kernel.  I did have the Educator 64 kernel at one time to check it out.  Might be neat to have different GROM sets or even system configurations available at the flick of a switch or press of a button.

6 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

One of the cool things about the C64 Reloaded is I can load different kernels and select them at will.  For instance, on mine I have the stock 64 kernel, C64 JiffyDOS, and the SX-64 kernel.  I did have the Educator 64 kernel at one time to check it out.  Might be neat to have different GROM sets or even system configurations available at the flick of a switch or press of a button.

Yep, the UberGROM can likely be adapted for that.  It was, I believe (@Tursi - correct me if I'm wrong) based on Tursi's Multi Personality Distorter, which allowed different GROMs to be used for 0/1/2.

8 hours ago, acadiel said:

I wonder if we can just re-spin the 99/4A motherboard at this point, including the Zenoboard mods on it.  Not as drastically as the guy who completely made a new system, but something akin to the C64 reloaded board.

Including:

• Intergrated 32K/SAMS 
    • Switchable via Jumper or to disable
  • Integrated F18A MKII onboard (not as a daughter card)
    • Replaces 9918A and 8 ICs as well as support circuitry 
  • Integrated UberGROM microcontroller with GROM 0/1/2 and built in utility suite (XB/EA/DM2K) that is shut off when cartridge is installed
    • External jacks for ADC and RS232 outputs for Joysticks and RS232 from the 1284P
  • Speech Synth chips onboard (move from speech synth)
  • Speed modification jumpers (in case you want to run faster)
  • TI PI header onboard for Zero or 3/4, lined up with case to expose Ethernet jack
    • Jumper to indicate whether present or not (to enable DSR ROM)
  • Clock IC
    • Jumper to enable/disable

Stretching:

• FinalGROM with SD card slot built in that is shut off when cartridge is installed

I think that a modern motherboard in the TI form-factory would be great. To replace the old motherboard world be great. Fabrice Montupet has proven that it is possible, with his TIny. Only he made it fit ATX form-factory. But it would be cool to make it fit inside the old TI. And since it is a modern motherboard... a ARM CPU that could be changed to make new ver. of a the TI CPU. And use some modern chips to emulate RAM and stuff.

Or... what about putting a Raspberry Pi as the main unite and build a motherboard around that?

But... I love the idea to "max out" the TI motherboard!

And there is one thing I think is important and that is to have a "harddrive" (SSD) so that you can load all kinds of programs on it. Or more correct... ALL programs ? And a fan to cool it down... I can dream, not make such a thing. But I can buy it if it come true!