IGNORED

TiDisk-Manager

HackMac

Now it's finally time for a new disk tool, the TiDisk-Manager.
This time, all Mac users can happy about. No more working using the cryptic command line tools, just klick and drag and drop.
I know there are some Mac users here in the forum and I hope you will now get a good tool in your hands. Unfortunately, Apple users have often left behind. For this reason, I have developed this tool. Of course, primarily for my own purposes. But I think it will do you good service and I want to make it available for you.

There is a little wiki site at Bitbucket (where i host my sources) where you will find (soon, not now) some more informations and some screen shots.
There is also an issue tracker at Bitbucket, where you can submit bugs, proposals and other issues.

If you are interested, you can find also a page with a release history where you can find links to downloads.

System Requirements: The TiDisk-Manager is a Cocoa application for Apple Macintoshes or Hackintoshes running with Mac OS X 10.9 or newer.

Actual release: Version 2.7.16

Features:

• Handles disk track images as well as disk sector images
  • All basis functions to create or edit TI disc images with up to 1600 sectors and handle its files
  • Diskinfo panel to display general file attributes
  • A preview for graphic formats / text files / Basic code / assembler code
  • A view for hexdumps of record based files respectively files of type PROGRAM
  • Decodes various graphic formats (such as Print-Cad by Marc Huyghe, Fractals by Michael Zapf, YAPP, MyArt, TiArtist or GIF), decodes Basic program files and other formats of some of my self made programs
  • Export function of decodable files. Otherwise an export as hexdump
  • Disassembler for program files
  • An interactive editor to disassemble program files and create good readable source code.

(I'm a bit proud of the last feature! It helped me a lot to decrypt some file formats.)

One note: If you use the program, then only at your own risk. I have tested it though as good as I possibly can, but it can may be included undiscovered errors which could also lead to data loss.
Please do not upload or redistribute TiDisk-Manager to any other sites.

And now: Have fun...

Edited by HackMac
  • Like 8

Sadly I don't have a working Mac at the moment.

Is there any PC version that does this function:

Decodes various graphic formats (such as Print-Cad by Marc Huyghe, Fractals by Michael Zapf, YAPP, MyArt, TiArtist or GIF),

Any chance to compile a PC crappy windows version in the near future?

No, no chance for Windows versions. My TiDisk-Manager is an Cocoa application build by programming in Objective-C. The frameworks I use and wich are needed to create native Mac OS Applications, are too different to the Windows world. Perhaps in a parallel universe, where a day has 36 hours, I would build an additionally version for the Unix world by using OpenStep, but never, never for Windows systems.

For Windows systems, there should be enough Software to handle these graphics formats. The Ti-Image Tool by mizapf for example should handle all these formats as well. But a decoder for files of the Print-CAD by Marc Huyghe is an exception. I don't know any decoder for this graphics format. Thats one of the reasons, why I do my own tool, because I made many PCB layouts made by this Print-CAD.

In my opinion, a picture viewer is not the most important function of those kind of tools. For me, it was important to get my own files on an other platform than the TI (for backup or going on working with them)

Sorry...

Edited by HackMac
  • Like 1

Not bad...

If there were a third universe, where Mr. Jobs doesn't have the idea of that sophisticated operation system (Mac OS is based on his NextStep), I would do the same, I think...

Since where no NextStep exists there is no OpenStep, of course.

LOL well without Jobs and NeXT and his Openstep OS Microsoft would have nothing to copy.

Windows 7 is after all a duplicate of OS X and Windows 10 is an extension of that.

LOL well without Jobs and NeXT and his Openstep OS Microsoft would have nothing to copy.

Windows 7 is after all a duplicate of OS X and Windows 10 is an extension of that.

Which everyone stole from Amiga.

(Where can I find the troll icon?)

• Like 1

Amiga had a Unix OS (a couple of ports of 68k based OSs). I don't know if anyone built a ten processor unit, but mine had 2 back in the early 90's, which was late in its life (I was a late adopter). ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_Unix - 1990 Unix System V

True multiprocessing like you suggest (as opposed to calling the system support chips processors) was only a hack as far as I can tell, not an official product (and I misled - though I had two 68k series CPUs, only one was active at a time), but do you count stacking Amigas in a Beowulf cluster? ;)

Hey guys, this is not an "who has stolen from whom" thread!

Can someone remove those off topics?

P.L.E.A.S.E.

Welcome to the Forum world. Good thing here is: We're mostly harmless. :-)

I meant mine to be a joke, but being the friendly lot we are around here we tend to throw in a few OTs every once in a while.

Looks very cool, thank you for making a native Mac client! (TIImageTool is nice, but the java theming breaks a few things, and the file dialogs are very unreliable for me, often just hanging the app). However, is there a reason why anything larger than 180kb disk sizes are grayed out?

Edited by TheMole

Looks very cool, thank you for making a native Mac client! However, is there a reason why anything larger than 180kb disk sizes are grayed out?

Thanks!

The reason why you can't create disks larger than 180k is that I'm to lazy to implement allocation tables witch handles more than one sector per bit. I work only with my disk images and they are all single density. For that reason I lose sight of it... Thanks for remembering.

Ok, thanks for the hint. I'll fix it in the next release! But greater allocation units will not yet included in the next release.

The description is a bit unclear at ninerpedia. But I'll get it.

I've set up an issue tracker at bitbucket. I would be glad if you would enter there your bugs, proposals and missing features. If there are bugs with specific files or disks, you can upload disk images there, so i can retrace the issue.

A note: Even if it's not possible to create disk images with more than 180k size, it is still possible to open and read large disk images.

As a precaution, it should be noted that due to the lack of support for larger allocation units, the write access to the disk images with more than 1,600 sectors may result in errors and loss of data!

Edited by HackMac

There is a new release out there witch supports creating disk images with up to 1600 sectors. Please take a look at the release page.

For the future, I will place my announcements, such new versions or features, in the first topic of this thread. So you don't have to search long for specific links or informations.

Edited by HackMac

Ok, there is an new release of the TiDisk-Manager: Version 2.7.19 is out now with some new features!
For more informations see the updated release page.

Unfortunately I can't edit my posts here anymore, otherwise I would update my first topic with the new announcement.

Have a nice time

• 3 months later...

Thanks!

I don't know the CF7+/nanopeb images, because I don't own and use any of this devices. So I can't say anything about this. But, it should be possible to implement new image formats.

Edited by HackMac

Thanks for this, it's a cool program. How hard would it be for you to add support for CF7+/nanopeb images to this? There's currently nothing (that I know) that supports writing these on the mac.

Thanks!

I don't know the CF7+/nanopeb images, because I don't own and use any of this devices. So I can't say anything about this. But, it should be possible to implement new image formats.

The image formats are 1600-sector, V9T9, sector dump images—so, the program should handle individual CF7+/nanoPEB DSK images.

Reading/writing from/to the CF, with its non-standard format, is probably what you (@TheMole) want to do. Maybe Fred (@F.G. Kaal) or Michael (@mizapf) can help.

...lee

Yes, I was hoping the app could at one point support writing disk images directly to a CF card that is formatted for use with the CF7+/nanopeb.

In the mean time I've figured out that Ralphb's implementation in xdt99 seems to work well, and that is cross-platform. It's also command-line based, so I can easily integrate it in my Makefiles, but it would still be nice to have a GUI app that read/write to an entire physical CF cards (I should not have called these images, that must have created additional confusion).

I think TIImagetool also does not support reading from/writing to CF cards directly?

Ok, if these are only sector dump images, you can read them already with the TiDisk-Manager. Writing to those devices is not planned currently.

But if someone of you is able to write applications for Mac OS X, you can help me with this project and implement new features in cooperation with me.

Yes, I was hoping the app could at one point support writing disk images directly to a CF card that is formatted for use with the CF7+/nanopeb.

Ok, now I understand, your needs.

It is not the task of a program (like the TiDisk-Manager) to handle different file systems. This is a task for the operation system. So there have to be a kernel extension to extend the OS to handle TI compatible memory devices formatted with the TI file systems.

I thought about such solutions earlier, so it would be nice to mount TI image files directly and I thought about to build some Quick View extensions to view the contents of some specific files directly in the Finder. But those plans could be realized in the future, sometimes.

Edited by HackMac