IGNORED

TiDisk-Manager

HackMac

On my list is to learn enough from RXTX to be able to include that stuff directly in MESS, with no more need for a serial bridge. On the other hand, I admit I sometimes enjoyed the LEDs on my panel which make it look like a breakout box. :)

• Like 1

Ahhh, good to know...

But yes, I like those "LED's" also. It's a bit nostalgic and it looks more important. ;-)

I already played around with SerialBridge. (I connected MESS with a terminal application over two USB dongles.) And I already implement a quasi prototype of this bridge, realized through a Mac typical drawer, witch shows all the fancy LED's.

Here is a little preview of a preview of a prototype:

3256161354-Bildschirmfoto%202015-07-13%2

Edited by HackMac

Okay, I spend a whole day (no, not only an afternoon) to build my tool against the SDK 10.8.

With the next release (witch I'll provide soon, when translation to French is completed) TI-Disk Manager should be runnable on Mac OS X 10.8 and newer.

I can't make any promises that future releases still supports outdates OS'es. New IDE's came without support for them (Xcode 6.3.x only supports 10.9 and 10.10). I had to twiddle with Xcode and I had luck, that someone collects old SDK's and provide them for download on github. And who knows what Xcode 7 does (or does not)...

P.S.

It would really be nice if I could edit the first post of this thread to update the features, and requirements.

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. I forgot to mention that I do have Xcode 5.1 installed on my Mac with Mountain Lion (10.8.5) so I theoretically could recompile. However, I've never compiled anything besides on terminal and gcc. Haven't messed with Xcode at all.

I will try your new version when ready. And/or let me know if it would help if I compiled on 5.1?

Cheers!

-Dano

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, today I release the version 2.7.21 for download.

This time, the change list is a bit larger:

• New feature: Add "New Disk with Selection" to File menu and context menu for TI files. So you have an convenient way to copy files to a new disk. The size of the new disk is calculated automatically to the smallest possible size.
  • New feature: Add new button to preview panel for opening its contents in external programs. This will directly open picture files in the Preview application and text, basic or disassembled files in the TextEdit application.
  • New feature: Add "Show in Finder" to File menu and context menu for disk images. So you can resolve the location of disk images easily.
  • New feature: Add status bar at the bottom of the main window. It gives you additional information about the selected disk image:
    • A path control showing the location and the whole name of the disk image. By clicking on the control segments the clicked location is opened in Finder.
    • A charge bar informs you about the amount of the used sectors respectively loaded sectors in memory.
    • Information about the type of disk image (track or sector dump format).
  • Improvement: Support of older operation systems. Now Mac OS X 10.8 (aka. Mountain Lion) is the minimum requirement to run with.
  • Improvement: New sheet for creating new disks. Now it is additionally possible to specify the name and the location of the image file.
  • Improvement: Make better file copy. Copied files are less fragmented.
  • Improvement: Speedup launching application and saving memory due to lazy loading. Disk images read partially. Only those datas read in memory which are needed at the moment to perform tasks. Thanks to this technique, some internal tasks runs much faster (but not really noticeable to the user).
    First tests (launching TI-Disk Manager with about 100 disk images) shows that on start up 90% time is saved and 70% less memory is used.
  • Improvement: Speedup program execution while file info panel is present.
  • Improvement: Add warnings due to data loss when erasing or formatting disks.
  • Eye candy: There is a new image in the file info panel. (It has some little easter eggs.)
  • Fix bug: If directory is full, and the user wants to add an additional file an alert presents the error.
  • Fix bug: Odd behavior with modal dialogs. Asynchronous alerts don't await the response from the user. Program is redesigned to handle that correctly.
  • Fix bug: When changing from one Object Code file to an other, the previously selected view type in the preview panel is restored.
  • Fix bug: Calculating used sectors and therefore erasing disk does not worked correctly.
  • Fix bug: Segmented files are now read correctly. There was a bad implementation of a sector enumerator.
  • Fix bug: Since version 2.7.20, the picture preview was broken for some graphic file formats.
  • Fix bug in Basic decoder: Multiple variables in assignment and dim statements, separated by comma are now decoded correctly.
  • and other smaller fixes, as well as some minor layout changes in preview panels

If you want to know more details of all releases, see my release page.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, today I release the version 2.7.22 for download.

This time, there was more work below the surface, but I think there are some features you will like:

• New feature: Disassembler Editor opens ROM dump files and decodes its headers automatically (i.e. the sources of DSR-ROM or cartridge ROM dumps has a better pre formatted output provided with labels to lists and program entries).
  • New feature: Disassembler Editor and the file preview now disassembles opcodes from various CPUs: TMS9900, TMS9995, TMS99110, TMS9980, TMS9940
  • New feature: Converting selected track dump image to sector dump images.
  • Improvement: Restrictions to disk images with less than 1600 sectors is dropped.
  • Improvement: Rework on track dump images made. Reading and writing track images is now more reliable.
  • Improvement: Behavior of preview tab in the file info panel is changed to improve speed.
  • Improvement: Internal improvements made by rework on internal data structures and refactoring. (Results in less memory usage etc.)
  • Improvement: Main window shows the amount size of all selected files.
  • Eye candy: No candy this time.
  • Fix bug: Correct disassembling the XOP instruction.
  • Fix bug: Format for hexdump of record based files was corrected.
  • and other smaller fixes, as well as some minor layout changes in preview panels

If you want to know more details of all releases, see my release page.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Today, I proudly present to you: The new release of TI-Disk Manager (version 2.8.1)!

You can find the download (as usual) at the well known location on bitbucket.
If you want to know what happens in detail to the new version, have a look at the release history.

Here now, a bit shorter summary:
With this release, lots of test and repair tools are implemented now. It is also possible now to handle disk images with directories.
Also in this release: Large amount of bug fixes to the TI Basic decoder. The decoder now passes most of the test cases found on a "Test Files for Uncrunching/Parsing Basic Statements". Thanks for you guys (kl99 and ralphb) for sharing your work!

• New feature: A buch of repair tools available:
    • Undelete deleted files. The disk image is scanned for file information sectors which are not listed in the file index sector and shows the user a list of these files which are potentially restorable. The user can select individual files which to be restored.
    • Check if all used sectors of each single files on a disk are correctly marked in the allocation table. If not, you can repair the allocation table for the incorrect files.
    • Reactivate "Bad Sectors". With this tool you can reactivate physically unreadable bad sectors, which are mapped out in the allocation table to prevent them for regular use.
    • Compacting files on disk for preventing fragmentation.
  • New feature: Following further test tools are also available:
    • Check for disk integrity. This checks if sectors of one file are used by other files.
    • Checking the count of used sector of files with their entries in their file cluster lists.
    • Check if an File Descriptor Records or File Descriptor Index Record entry begins at the start of an allocation unit
  • New feature: Generating test reports. This report tests a disk with all tests listed above and generates a text file which is automatically opened in TextEdit after it is done testing.
  • New feature: A kind of hardware protection is implemented for damaged disk images or those which are write protected in the Finder through the file system.
  • New feature: Creating, erasing or renaming directories inclusive drag&drop or copy&paste files into them.
  • New feature: New directory from selection. Convenient way to move some selected files into a new directory.
  • New feature: TI Basic Merge file format and Long file format can now be decoded and exported as a source code text file.
  • Improvement: Every time, a new disk image is added to the list, it will be checkt against issues listed above. If something odd is found, the system will give you the choose to repair (if possible), open a report in TextEdit and add the defective file readonly (so you can repair that image later) or not to add the odd file. You can determine in the user settings if these tests will run automatically every time, when the program starts or only by adding new disk images.
  • Improvement: Rework for several features to handle disk images with directories.
  • Improvement: Over-work Copy&Paste as well as Drag&Drop, due to directory structures and overdue refactoring.
  • Improvement: Now it is possible to drag TIFILES files directly from Finder onto the list of the disk content or onto a disk image to import these file type.
  • Improvement: Importing TIFILES using the import dialog, you now can select multiple files.
  • Improvement: Header information of Basic files shows line numbers instead of a silly checksum.
  • Fix Issue: Disk images are now inserted at the position in the list where they are dropped, not appended to the end of list anymore.
  • Fix Bug: Due to the nice TI Basic test unit files (I mentioned above), I could fix a bunch of bugs within the Basic decoder.
  • Fix Bug: Text (or source code) files which contains special control characters can now be exported.
  • and other hundreds or thousands smaller fixes, code refactorings, as well as marginal changes in the UI and enhancements in the class model.

Please report any issue to me using the Issue Tracker on bitbucket! If you have any general question about using this tool (or like this), you can post here to this thread.

Thanks and enjoy!

Edited by HackMac
  • Like 5

• 9 months later...

Okay, friends...

here is the new version 2.9 of my TI-Disk Manager.

It is more like a pre release and not all features I would like to have are already implemented. But there where some serious bug fixes made, which are found by the static code analyzer of the new XCode 8.0, so I decided for the early release.

Please have a look at the release page for more information.

Thanks and enjoy!

• Like 3

hey, I can help with an Latinamerican Spanish version!

Thank you for choosing and using TI-Disk Manager and offering your support. I hope it will help to do you good service.

If you really want to support me, we should P.M. eachother. But I can tell you that is not easy and a good piece of work. Perhaps you'll take time and try out the whole application first...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Easter bunnys!

Today I hide an Easter egg on the TI-Disk Manager Site. It is the fourth release of version 2.9.2 with a lot of surprises (fixes and improvements) :) .
As usual, for a complete overview of changes and a download link, please have a look at the release infomation.

Enjoy and happy Easter!

Edited by HackMac
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I just want to notice that there are some known bugs in the TI-Disk Manager, which will be fixed with the next release:

Macintosh file names which have a '/' in their names causing errors converting the names to TI files (i.e. importing files). Because the slash is reserved as a path separator, a ':' is used internally. So for now you should rename the Mac files and replace the slash before using them.

There is also an out of bounds exception in a file name formatter, witch will also be fixed with the next release. Currently no workaround for that.

Edited by HackMac
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

Hello guys,

it is exactly one year ago today that you received an update of the TI-Disk Manager from me.

For this anniversary (because I switched my own {Mac|Hack}intosh to Mojave and noticed that I had to install many updates of other software) I decided to modify the TI-Disk Manager for Mojave and its dark mode.
Now the program looks really hot in Mojave's dark mode. :-)

This is the fifth release of version 2.9.2, which of course also includes some bug fixes. (See above messages and see my wiki for more release information.)

Have fun with it!

• Like 9

Oh, I'm sorry about that.

You can, if you really need a Mac, put together a hackintosh with Mojave on your PC. However, macOS has some minimum requirements for the standard hardware, which must be met.
Another way would be to use the VirtualBox.

You can find a good starting point here: https://hackintosh.com/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been totally waiting for a native Mac app!!!

However, I can't use this because I'm not running 10.9 or newer OS-X. :?

Hey Dano (and all other Macianer),

I'm currently checking for new minimum requirements of macOS for my program and a possible change to a more current version (maybe 10.12, aka Sierra?).

Which of you still uses macOS 10.8 (aka Mountain Lion)? Is there anything against using macOS 10.12 as a minimum requirement?