IGNORED

Elite...was it released for NTSC NES?

Some PAL games will.  Google up on running PAL NES titles on a security disabled or top loading NES.

Parodius for instance works great, except it does end up clipping a few of the top and bottom most horizontal rows.  It's really only noticeable on that one at the bottom where the score and power up bar are.  I had it some years back but long ago got a honeybee and a legit JP cart so I ditched it.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, ReyVGM said:

Has anyone ever finished Elite for the NES?

Does the game have an ending? What happens after you reach Elite status or when you complete all the missions?

I've never reached Elite status in any version, but the home computer versions almost famously has no story, plot, or ending.   

Find the manual here:  Nintendo Entertainment System Manual | Commodore C64 Manual

Find a guide here:  Elite - Guide - BBC Micro

@ReyVGM @wongojack  You just both gave me a flashback of a memory of a page that has stood up since the 90s, shockingly it is still there in its true 90s glory of old school fonts and obnxious tiled graphics for the background.  The Elite page from Ian Bell co-author of it.  Anything, everything you want to know he thought was a good idea is there, including the unpublised US-NTSC release of the game as a free download.

http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/

Enjoy the cheese value of this site.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@ReyVGM @wongojack  You just both gave me a flashback of a memory of a page that has stood up since the 90s, shockingly it is still there in its true 90s glory of old school fonts and obnxious tiled graphics for the background.  The Elite page from Ian Bell co-author of it.  Anything, everything you want to know he thought was a good idea is there, including the unpublised US-NTSC release of the game as a free download.

http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/

Enjoy the cheese value of this site.

Thanks. Yeah, I came across the site and it's definitely from the 90s!