IGNORED

Ball Knob Group Order

KevinMos3

A big "Thank You" to all of you who have joined in so far. Since the site doesn't ship on weekends, we might as well leave this open till Sunday evening. At that point I'll place the order so it will be handled (and hopefully) shipped on Monday. It's looking awesome right now. If we round it up to 100 knobs, shipping is still only $15.43 + handling of $5.00 = 20.43 total. Divided by 100 = $0.20 S&H per knob. The group order is looking better and better.
Current tally:
ACFinPGH x2 Flashback x4 Coleco
atariguy1021 x6 Coleco
Centurion x4 Coleco
chas10e x4 Flashback / x2 Coleco
coleco1981 x2 Flashback x2 Coleco
coleco_master x6 Coleco
Hyperboy x4 Flashback / x4 Coleco
Jeremy Popp x4 Coleco
KevinMos3 x4 Flashback / x8 Coleco
mickcris x2 Flashback
Noah98 x2 Flashback x2 Coleco
o.pwuaioc x2 Coleco
phattyboombatty x6 Coleco
SiLic0ne t0aD85 x2 Flashback / x6 Coleco
sloopy x2 Flashback x2 Coleco
SoulBlazer x2 Flashback
stardust4ever x2 Flashback
Tron Unit x2 Flashback
ValkerieSilk x4 Coleco
That's a lot of knobs. ;)

• Like 7

Order Placed.

The cost for shipping and handling per knob turned out very reasonable at only $0.24. For example: if you requested 2 Flashback and 4 Coleco knobs, the total comes to $7.32 plus whatever it costs for me to send it to you. I still need to weigh everything at the post office to see what actual shipping will be from me to each of you. I also need to pick up screws for those of you who want/need them for your Flashback knobs.

Once everything arrives and is ready to send out, I will send everyone the total via PM and at that point, each person can send reimbursement.

• Like 7

Thank you for doing this for us! I was waiting for someone, anyone, to offer a upgrade to these sucky Flashback controllers and I can't wait to upgrade mine! :)

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Thanks!

Thanks! Can't wait to upgrade.

You are all very welcome. Thanks for your support.

I'd like a pair of knobs for the Coleco Flashback please!

If you do another order I'd like two knobs for the original coleco controllers.

You are in luck. I ordered some extras to round off the order at 100 knobs, so there will be enough for both of you when they arrive. (I think they may have come today, as a UPS package was left with my Apt manager). I'll keep you all posted.

• Like 2

If you guys can start PMing me your addresses, it'll help streamline things a bit, as I can only view this site with my phone during the day. I'll pm those of you who I don't hear from when I get home. Once I have your addresses, I'll get accurate shipping prices at the post office and send a final quote.

I have everyone's balls.

...go ahead and snicker.

post-9364-0-39751400-1426172488_thumb.jpg

Most of you already sent your address, so thank you. I hope to get to the post office by tomorrow to get them weighed and send everyone a final quote. I also went to Home Depot and found the perfect bolts to fit the Flashback knobs. They are black and fit the balls perfectly, so no need to paint them or anything. I will simply cut them to the proper length.

Here's an important note: For those of you who requested Flashback knobs, I plan to send these out pre-assembled and ready-to-go. No need to hunt down your own screws or bolts. No need for trimming, grinding, cutting, etc. I want everyone to be be able to simply screw in their balls and have fun as soon as they receive them. If you plan to use your knobs for any other purpose, such as for an Atari 7800 joystick, please let me know here in this thread.

Yeah, yeah, go ahead and snicker some more.

post-9364-0-24617300-1426174691_thumb.jpg post-9364-0-57685900-1426174918_thumb.jpg post-9364-0-28009600-1426174924_thumb.jpg

After giving it some more thought, I'm reconsidering how to approach this. I was initially going to cut these bolts to the size that worked so well before, but I just tried a shorter bolt and it works great too. So, I'm thinking of a couple different approaches. I can cut these 3 different lengths, up to a maximum of 5/8" stem sticking out of the knob. We'll call them Long, Medium, and Short. Personally, I highly advise against long, as I believe it gives too much play and the extra leverage could assist you in breaking the plastic D cross inside. However, if you are not a rough player, breakage may not be an issue. My personal recommendation is the medium or short. The medium is the size of the first knob I did and works quite well for me. However, the short that I just made also works quite well but "may" be a bit short for people with really large hands. I need to test these out a bit to see which "I" prefer. That leads me to one of two options:

a) You can specify which you prefer and I can cut and assemble it for you with thread locker.

b) You can just specify either the long or medium cut and then file or grind it down to your own taste once you receive it (and you can apply threadlocker yourself to keep the ball from coming loose from the bolt while you play).

Below are the Medium and Short cuts. The 3rd image is the original bolt that must at least be cut at the midpoint.

post-9364-0-19938500-1426176153_thumb.jpg post-9364-0-14033000-1426176143_thumb.jpg post-9364-0-28015600-1426176160_thumb.jpg

• Like 7