IGNORED

Junkman Jr (Disk rip)

PeBo

I know it's been asked before, but in searching through those threads I didn't see a solution posted (of course there may not BE a solution, but since "JuMPman is one of my favorite games of all time, thought I'd ask about getting this this stellar clone to work).

The disk based cart-rip of Junkman Jr. that I have runs 95% perfectly. The problem is that the 5% that doesn't work are the up-ropes (the litle fella just can't climb 'em!*), making the game virtually impossible to play with much success. This quirk only exists on the rip not on the cartridge. *(and yup, Alphalock is off)

The disk based version I have has a title screen that reads "Broken version by The Master" (a partiicularly appropriate descriptor). So my question is... Is this the only disk version that exists??

I ask because I have several disk based games that differ in functionality from the command module version (no doubt as a side effect of "cracking"), while I have other copies of the same games that run perfectly. For example, I have disk rips of MoonMine and Buck Rogers that have no speech, while I have other disk copies that DO have speech. Seems to be luck of the draw.

So I am wondering if there might be an actual disk version of Junkman Jr out there where the up ropes DO work???

In the long run, I'll get a "hummingbird" copy down the road (unless (hint hint) someone has an original DataBioTics cart they'd like to sell), but it would be nice to be able to download a copy that works beforehand.

post-40994-0-56769000-1424808381_thumb.jpg

merde! if that isn't one of the coolest things I've read in a month of Sundays, I don't know what is!!

Just tested it in Classic99 and I can't believe that this version exists!

Jumpman (and it's variants), along with Shamus & Miner2049er, are my top 3 "one red button" games (with Lode Runner* and Cpt Beeble pulling up the rear in 4th and 5th place). The fact that I can now play all three of my top 3 on my beloved 99 is beyond exciting. (Looks like I'll be calling in sick tomorrow!)

Also really appreciate the Junkman link CSchneider, but the one included in that thread is the one with faulty rope climbing. Although it WAS a thread I had not seen on the subject, so certainly not a wasted read. Several threads on a single game....'twould seem I'm not alone in my love for it.

*(best Lode Runner (IMHO) is the AtariST's Runner's Revenge in all it's monochrome splendour!)

would a GRAM version helps you? I think I have the cartridge for Junkman Jr

Thanks KL, but I have no way to use it.

I simply don't have the technical know-how to use it. (Gotta get myself a Gram-Kracker or P-Gram card one of these days.)

I see it is one of the eproms Bob Carmany has listed, so I'll just add it to the list of items I plan to speak to him about.

The offer is greatly appreciated though.

Thanks KL, but I have no way to use it.

I simply don't have the technical know-how to use it. (Gotta get myself a Gram-Kracker or P-Gram card one of these days.)

I see it is one of the eproms Bob Carmany has listed, so I'll just add it to the list of items I plan to speak to him about.

The offer is greatly appreciated though.

it's a rom not a grom cart.. you can make a cart with the boards on arcadeshopper.com and the rom, i can also burn roms.. it's also included in the 512k game images and the 2048 image (I think ymmv)

Greg

it's a rom not a grom cart.. you can make a cart with the boards on arcadeshopper.com and the rom, i can also burn roms.. it's also included in the 512k game images and the 2048 image (I think ymmv)

Greg

yep http://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Hummingbird-Eeprom/p/33994194/category=5051340

games4 has jumpman junior and games3 has miner 2049er both are 512k roms that work on this board:

http://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/PCB-Fetzner-512k-ROM-cartridge-board-bare/p/41732655/category=5051340

Greg

• 5 years later...

I'm the "stephan meyers" mentioned in the splash screen - I was handed the more or less completed game, 16kb of code, and tasked with making it run in 2x 8kb banks, writing the manual, changing the graphics (it was originally "jumpman") and otherwise prepping it for release.

I might, maaaaaaybe have some floppy disks in a storage space in texas with the source code.  Wouldn't bet on it.  Might pick it up next year.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, stephancom said:

I'm the "stephan meyers" mentioned in the splash screen - I was handed the more or less completed game, 16kb of code, and tasked with making it run in 2x 8kb banks, writing the manual, changing the graphics (it was originally "jumpman") and otherwise prepping it for release.

I might, maaaaaaybe have some floppy disks in a storage space in texas with the source code.  Wouldn't bet on it.  Might pick it up next year.

That'd be awesome if you do!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stephancom said:

Thanks for the reply--it is always a good thing to reconnect to the programmers who worked on things BITD. If you do find the source code for this one, that would be awesome!

• Like 1