IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Oh, the humanity!

But seriously, I don't want to crap on this project, but, uh...what's the point? New retro console hardware? What's wrong with all the existing retro consoles that have a plethora of documentation and source code available?

• Like 6

Someone is not content with the jaguar failing commercially once, so they are recussitating the ghost of its spent shell to rise again from the plastic fumes of the graveyard to fail, fail again!!! Muahhahaha

The difference is this time all the loonies on here know why the Jaguar failed and as a result, the community has learned from this experience and Jaguar v2 will certainly dominate. In 2 years Sony and Microsoft will be out of the video game hardware business. My only questions are: When will the CD-ROM attachment be released and how far along is the Tomb Raider development?

• Like 7

For anyone wondering what that controller is based on, its a third partywii/Wii u classic pro controller. Not to be confused with a Wii u pro conrtoller, which games for on the Wii u rated for pro controller it is not compatible with. The fist party equivalent plugs into the Wii mote and is used mostly for virtual console.

I'm sure it must have been cheap to adapt it (or the receiving components in the console) for their uses.

For those you need devs. Interesting to see which, if any, Jaguar devs they have beavering away.

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2015/02/18/new-hardware-retro-video-game-system-in-development/

While not Jag devs, they list a couple indie devs towards the bottom and it mentions Konami may be involved in some game development which is odd.

Regarding we are in talks with...

I seem to recal NUON telling UK Press at the time that Capcom were looking at the hardware (ie hint hint they might be developing for it) yet nothing came of that, nor the DMC game for PSP, nor the Resident Evil game Sony annouced when PSP GO was launched, Sony last i heard despite annoucing it had'nt even signed a deal to do Bioshock on Vita (that now looks long since dead in the water).
Are they really trying to copy the original Jaguar right down to annoucing 3rd party support that at best, is at the consideration stage?
Quick some one start an official Lost games thread for it and start editing footage from other systems to put a compilation video or 3 of proof games were coming...
Only then will it be a true spirtual follow up to the Jaguar.

ReadRetro:

'We are also talking with and having very positive conversations with many big publishers such as Konami, Capcom, Sega, Namco'-All rather vague and until anything from any of these is signed, sorry to say utterly meaningless.Konami, Capcom, Namco etc all 'supported' the Dreamcast to a degree, but it was token support in a lot of cases.

'Think about what a 2-D console would have performed like after the NEO GEO and that is where we are heading.'

Erm, but i don't need to think, i owned a Jaguar, Sega Saturn and (suppose Dreamcast), let alone the PSP,PS3 and 360 i own. Sure the 2DS is bloody powerful at 2D as well, it's not like Neo-Geo was last machine to push 2D is it?

I'm really not sure what they are trying to say with some of the statements.....

Just a heads up for those interested in this thing. I am having a meeting with Konami tomorrow afternoon (Central Standard Time) concerning their alleged "involvement" with the RETRO VGS. I will be doing a follow up article, sooner than later, based on what I find out from Konami, Capcom, Namco and a few others. So far though, I have only confirmed independent developers that are listed in the articles so far. Take that as you will.

• Like 1