IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Who is bashing something they don't understand? Here at least it seems that the RVGS' problem is that people understand quite well...

The complete lack of understanding certainly seems to be coming from the RVGS side, and for quite some time now.

Sorry. It's hard to explain oneself clearly. I think in this thread here most People are very Aware of how the Project works and understand it pretty well. I was talking more about the community in General, specially a bunch of People who seem to be either Newcomers to this, or at least haven't really expressed themselves in a while and now that there's a bunch of People saying the Project is a failure they're joining in the "angry mob".

But when People inside a Project turn against the community there can be no other outcome. They're calling the People doing negative comments trolls, they don't realyze they're a majority. They're most People who know about this. To a guy like Gamester81 to have a Video up with more dislikes than likes you have to realyze there's somehting wrong going on much beyond a couple dozen "haters" in a Forum. Damn, if 175 People posted in this thread here, even if we all bunched together to go thumb down Gamester's Video it still wouldn't be enough.

He even was one of my favorite youtubers a while ago, and I still think when he choses a good Topic his Videos a great.

I guess from their Point of view somehow there is a seed of evil here converting People against them.

I think they could have gotten the project done.

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. Just please don't minimize the constructive feedback the team has received from people who really are experienced in making products like this. The RetroVGS team has proved multiple times that they definitely do not know what things cost, which is a huge issue as it brings their whole plan in to question.

• Like 8

The RVS is dead for now, refunds will be given.

Wow!

Full Facebook post:

Hey Everyone! It’s clear, in its current state the RETRO VGS Indiegogo campaign is dead in the water and thusly will be shut down early. Once the Indiegogo team explains to us how we can do this, the plug will be pulled and all of you who have contributed will receive a refund post haste. Or you can go in and request a refund from Indiegogo right now.

The good news is we aren’t giving up and have made some adjustments to our hardware team, which includes the involvement of other hardware gurus who were part of our venture in the very beginning. We will also be lowering the price while maintaining most of the cool features you all want.

We will be back in the near future with a prototype RETRO VGS system, front-and-center playing our games on our cartridges and with our USB controller. Sit tight, be patient and RETRO VGS will return.

Thanks again for your support, patience and understanding while we regroup and prepare for the relaunch of a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.

• Like 3

Of course he MUST have financial Stake on this.

We were promised to be a pack in game. So if the IGG funded we were going to have at least 5000 copies of a game sold. at 20-30 bucks (minus costs)? that's like 60K in funding. That is 3 times the funding he asked for Justice beaver.

Fortunately we were ruled out without notice and are not part of the clusterf*ck.

I guess out of the good things that have come from this I have learnt about Piko's Snes titles and also of Kevtris' potential FGPA project.

Do you guys have any other SNES / Megadrive titles likely to be released in 2015?

Just posted on Facebook:

"Hey Everyone! It’s clear, in its current state the RETRO VGS Indiegogo campaign is dead in the water and thusly will be shut down early. Once the Indiegogo team explains to us how we can do this, the plug will be pulled and all of you who have contributed will receive a refund post haste. Or you can go in and request a refund from Indiegogo right now.

The good news is we aren’t giving up and have made some adjustments to our hardware team, which includes the involvement of other hardware gurus who were part of our venture in the very beginning. We will also be lowering the price while maintaining most of the cool features you all want.
We will be back in the near future with a prototype RETRO VGS system, front-and-center playing our games on our cartridges and with our USB controller. Sit tight, be patient and RETRO VGS will return.
Thanks again for your support, patience and understanding while we regroup and prepare for the relaunch of a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter."
I think this is the second chance that they need, and I look forward to them coming through on these promises of a working prototype, clear goals, etc.
  • Like 2

I guess out of the good things that have come from this I have learnt about Piko's Snes titles and also of Kevtris' potential FGPA project.

Do you guys have any other SNES / Megadrive titles likely to be released in 2015?

hopefully Jim Power Genesis and NES.

Probably other translations for MD.

We were planning on launching a pretty good original title on kickstarter. But I think right now is not the best time.

Wow!

Full Facebook post:

Geez. Things move fast!

Their lack of success doesn't give me any happiness. I just hope that they can sort things out in the future and I hope that they can be more honest with the devlopers that will actually be producing titles confirmed for this thing.

I guess this means that they have either brought Kevtris or another FGPA developer into the fold???? :?

• Like 1

"The good news is we aren’t giving up and have made some adjustments to our hardware team, which includes the involvement of other hardware gurus who were part of our venture in the very beginning. We will also be lowering the price while maintaining most of the cool features you all want."

Buy some Popcorn and make a new thread for the RVGS 2.

Seriously. If These guys are still willing to Keep working wíth Mike they must be out of their minds.

We'll see.

I'll give them a second look for sure. Given how badly the Jaguar stuff and the Wii U crappy controller were received, I can't see how they can move forward with any of those? I also cannot conceive of a console project that has Mike Kennedy as the public face where the pitchforks don't immediately come out.

+1 +1 +1

Looking forward to the reset and reboot.

Dang, and less than 2 days after I started collecting stats.

Well, at least the simple script you posted earlier introduced me to cURL, which I'm sure I'll find useful for other projects.

For whatever it's worth, here are my daily stats:

Day 03 (09/21): 172 backers, $60041 raised

Day 04 (09/22): 186 backers, $66188 raised, +$6147

Day 05 (09/23): 187 backers, $65956 raised, -$232

Day 06 (09/24): 193 backers, $67580 raised, +$1624

Day 07 (09/25): 192 backers, $65970 raised, -$1610

Day 08 (09/26): 188 backers, $64920 raised, -$1050

Day 09 (09/27): 191 backers, $65145 raised, +$225

Day 10 (09/28): 192 backers, $63825 raised, -$1320

Day 11 (09/29): 191 backers, $63546 raised, -$279

Final Totals: 191 backers, $63,546 raised

• Like 4