IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Even now, post-indiegogo, the only bits we hear are how they've refocused their company name and gotten their "board of directors" together. So they have all the useless talking heads of a major corporation, but no actual product or business plan. This is exactly the opposite of what they should be doing. At this stage, anyone on the team who can't produce hardware or software is a waste of space.

Yeah, this is the most backward project I have ever seen. Don't know why they are wasting their time pushing it?

• Like 3

Even now, post-indiegogo, the only bits we hear are how they've refocused their company name and gotten their "board of directors" together. So they have all the useless talking heads of a major corporation, but no actual product or business plan. This is exactly the opposite of what they should be doing. At this stage, anyone on the team who can't produce hardware or software is a waste of space.

Like everyone else here, I would absolutely love to be a fly on the wall at RVGS HQ (aka- Mike's garage). But staying silent until they have a working prototype to show off is the strategy they should have had from the beginning. If Mr. Herman is the guy that finally drilled that advice into Mike's thick skull then he's already earned his keep. I know it's strange to see them acting so sensibly for a change but keeping their plans to themselves until the time is right is the correct move.

I'm excited for RVGS 2.0. They should have their working prototype by then so I'm putting the onus on Mr. Herman to create a working sales pitch, a brilliant publicity/marketing strategy, and a pit to keep Mike in until the crowdfunding campaign is over.

• Like 1

Sometimes landfill is the only option.

Now there's an idea!

They should build up interest in the RetroVGS by starting a rumor that it's a long-lost system that was never released and was buried decades ago in a landfill somewhere in New Mexico. Then, they get a film crew to shoot a documentary about this big hunt to find it it, culminating in it finally being unburied with great drama. Then, they'll have this climactic moment in the film where they can pull this steaming pile of trash out of the landfill and say, "Behold! The RetroVGS!!" Then bag it all up, and sell it on eBay. Doesn't even have to work.

Boom. Done.

• Like 4

Well, i saw that "Atari: Game Over"-movie when they dug up the games in Alamogordo and the Mayor was asked "Will you bury any more games here?" and replied something like "Sure, come here and we'll bury your game".

It would be a kind of poetic tragedy/comedy if the remains from RVGS got buried there in the end, dont you think?

• Like 1

Well, i saw that "Atari: Game Over"-movie when they dug up the games in Alamogordo and the Mayor was asked "Will you bury any more games here?" and replied something like "Sure, come here and we'll bury your game".

It would be a kind of poetic tragedy/comedy if the remains from RVGS got buried there in the end, dont you think?

ku-medium.gif

• Like 14

Any updates from the RetroVGS team? I mean, besides this

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=collectard

Your post reminded me, there was a website http://www.collectard.com/ which appears to be down right now. Such a pity. I started a thread about it on nintendoage that did not end well.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&catid=31&threadid=155238

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Classic.
But yeah, radio silence so far. Probably the quiet before the storm....
Don't give up hope. Diarrhea of the mouth is not cured easily.

I'm sure this surprises no one, but it seems they're sticking with the Jaguar case.

At least, that's what I'm presuming based on this post:

Hey Everyone!

We are preparing to tool up again for some of our new console prototypes so I thought now would also be a good time, since the tooling will be installed and set, to see if any of you are interested in another color run of Jag console shells. I think Translucent Red would look great. Note: We will not ever produce our new console in this color so it will be unique only to the Jaguar. Another idea is to just use the T-Red top shell installed on the existing black bottom shell. I think the contrast black and red would look cool and would be an easy retrofit.

Pricing is the same as the clear translucent run:

$45 USA. $56 CANADA. $64 INTERNATIONAL. If you want multiples, please email me for a quote with combined shipping -- socalmike@gamegavel.com

Paypal to: admin@gamegavel.com We will make sure to ship in the order purchased.

The injection molder is quoting me 5 week delivery with the holidays so these would be mailing out around mid-January.

These will include the clear translucent button, light pipe and spring.

- Mike

..... so retro vgs is now a ColecoVision??

12391452_918099551592649_905106875818576

http://www.retrovgs.com/

"the ability play brand-new games in the 8-, 16- and 32-bit styles"

who needs an FGPA when you can just buy a cheap ARM and make your game emulate a style.

Strange things are happening: the ghosts of Jaguar, Colecovision & wii haunt this machine

ht