IGNORED

whats your rarest 2600 game you have?

segasaturn

• 2 weeks later...

My rarest game is Mr. Do's Castle (8 rarity), loose cart. I got it a few months ago from a guy from Craigslist in a lot of 15 games and a 4 switch woody for $15. Thank you Mr. Random Craigslist guy!

Edited by helmsm
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Nothing spectacular, but I dont actively look for/collect them either. I found the following at a local Goodwill. According to the rarity guide these are 4s:

Beany Bopper

Porky's

Pole Positn

A garage sale score a few yrs back netted me 2 of the 3 Epyx "Games" series (Summer & California IIRR) & a Dare Diver (R5) which I sold.

My rarest game is Mr. Do's Castle (8 rarity), loose cart. I got it a few months ago from a guy from Craigslist in a lot of 15 games and a 4 switch woody for $15. Thank you Mr. Random Craigslist guy!

Wierd how Mr Do is a white Coleco shell and Mr Do's Castle is a black Parker Brothers.

c_MrDo_front.jpgc_MrDosCastle_front.jpg

Nice topic.

My rarest would be Crazy Climber I got recently. I like the arcade game. It is fun to play on the 2600 and nice to show it to people.

(I had Sword of Saros, and Survival Island, but they are currently lost, and weren't that fun for me.)

Next would be The Official Frogger, which is also lost, but I've re-acquired since it is my all-time #1 game.

Finally, in an inexpensive box of rares purchased from a forum member, there is an Up And Down.

I don't have much rare at all; a couple dozen rarity 4's and a handful of rarity 5's. I have a really nice-looking Picnic loose cart, and a really nice Snoopy and the Red Baron, although that's not particularly rare given the quality of collectors on these forums. :) Also a pretty decent SpectraVision Planet Patrol.

I don't have much rare at all; a couple dozen rarity 4's and a handful of rarity 5's. I have a really nice-looking Picnic loose cart, and a really nice Snoopy and the Red Baron, although that's not particularly rare given the quality of collectors on these forums. :) Also a pretty decent SpectraVision Planet Patrol.

Don't get down on yourself because we all started out pretty much without super rares in our collections unless we purchased them brand new at the time. I've been working on my collection for 20 years now and am still missing many of the R8-R10s. Though it's usually because of the money as they are available for high prices all the time. :)

Phil

Swordquest Waterworld. In fact it's probably the only rare cart I own; I never actually tried to collect games in the modern sense, so anything I have that's rare is just happenstance. Waterworld was a sort of special case, as I bought it during the crash, despite the fact that it was overpriced relative to all other (heavily discounted) games.

I discovered recently that I still have the manuals.

Waterworld, and the silver label version of Gravitar. My other carts are pretty much all very common...I never went in search of rarer titles or wanted to spend much money on carts, but via AtariClub back in the day I managed to snag Waterworld and Gravitar. Have the box and manual for Gravitar. Have the manual, comic and entry form for Waterworld (I sold the box and t-shirt to somebody here a few years back).

rare_zpsrbzarxtj.jpg

Spitfire Attack cib is very rare, I don't see those very often. You see the cart en masse, but not cib.

The red Atari 16 in 1 were pack-ins with the Jr, basically they are not cib then. Still one of the rarest games made by Atari.

Need a box for Wall Defender, which you can use any Bomb box really, as there is no game info on the box.

Would love boxes for Rabbit Transit and Party Mix, but those are getting expensive, loose tapes are kinda rare.

Wing War, again cib very rare, loose cart semi rare.

Gravitar, Frankensteins Monster, GUardian, loose carts are rare(ish), guides always states rarity as cib, so deduct as necessary.

Edited by high voltage