IGNORED

whats your rarest 2600 game you have?

segasaturn

Camera setting to big, here you go.

attachicon.gifIMG_0014.JPG

Can you please tell me which serial number is on the box? if i remember correct, the serialnumber is printed on one of the top flaps.

something like 1-XX

and a second designation on the backside og the cart.

something like PAL xxx-IN-1 GAME (X)

Thanks in advance.

This is one of my rarest and fondest carts,one of a kind.

After much discussion with Rom Hunter we came to the conclusion that it is highly possible this is a prototype cart that was made by Home Vision aka Thunder Vision's R@D department just before the crash of Atari in an attempt to boost sales.

Notice that the end label carries a cut out piece of the box inlay of the still unfound Jacky Jump from Home Vision.

msg-12694-0-82405300-1405403341.jpg

jacky_adventure_cart_2.jpg

Edited by pangasinan
  • Like 2

This is one of my rarest and fondest carts,one of a kind.

After much discussion with Rom Hunter we came to the conclusion that it is highly possible this is a prototype cart that was made by Home Vision aka Thunder Vision's R@D department just before the crash of Atari in an attempt to boost sales.

Notice that the end label carries a cut out piece of the box inlay of the still unfound Jacky Jump from Home Vision.

msg-12694-0-82405300-1405403341.jpg

jacky_adventure_cart_2.jpg

It's definitely not a prototype. Those normally have typed or hand-written labels on thick paper or cardstock glued to the cart. Occasionally, the cart end will be sawed off or rectangular holes drilled to allow extra long PCBs or chip sockets.

Modern day repros look a ton more professional compared to vintage prototypes.

That said, if you believe this cart is a unicorn like Air Raid or Red Sea Crossing and a public dump does not exist, it would be in everyone's best interest if you could dump and preserve the data, or lend it to someone who can. EP-ROMs will eventually go bad, then all will e lost to time and bit rot.

Edited by stardust4ever

Can you please tell me which serial number is on the box? if i remember correct, the serialnumber is printed on one of the top flaps.

something like 1-XX

and a second designation on the backside og the cart.

something like PAL xxx-IN-1 GAME (X)

Thanks in advance.

Box flap has 1-06, cart has no pal sticker, just molded into cart MADE IN TAIWAN.

Noticed on AtariBoxed.com that the picture there shows a different box. How did this company end up with all of these Atari silver graphic boxes to reuse for

their games and it seems they just used a stack of boxes at random to fill with their versions of multi-carts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Official PAL-releases:

Mangia

Fatal Run

Obelix

Klax

Star Wars: The Arcade Game

Gas Hog

Polaris

Beamrider

Ikari Warriors

Klax

Miner 2049er Vol. II

Ghostbusters II

Marauder

My Golf

Bump N Jump

Track & Field with controller (NTSC)

I would love to get hold of a CIB Miner 2049er Vol.2, but seeing what a CIB NTSC copy went for a couple of weeks ago on ebay, it ain't gonna happen.

My rarest would be a CIB PAL Demolition Herby (colour handle) although the box doesn't have a PAL sticker like my other two Telesys games have.

Also a CIB Miner 2049er PAL sits nicely in my collection.

• 1 month later...

For me, it's almost certainly Wall Ball, though there's a possibility the rarest I have is Little Bear. It was a little illegal knockoff of Frostbite, produced I think by a Taiwanese company. AtariAge doesn't seem to know its rarity. Only cartridges on both, unfortunately.

EDIT: Whoops, it'd help if I actually uploaded the image I selected. I knew the post happened too quickly!

post-44306-0-64168500-1446982261_thumb.jpg

Edited by Baphijmm