IGNORED

Titan Axe Beta

Papa

..Nah..it still says 'public' and I don't think anything got unchecked. I'll be sure to fine-tooth-comb it when it gets done uploading. I really can't wait to publish this game. My next one is almost ready to be demonstrated.

Here's a pic from a blurry television!!..

post-40395-0-30227800-1430398592_thumb.jpg

Here's the vid..I'll consider making a way to turn off and on music..

http://youtu.be/TnAgjC150bU

..also, I know the music is a bit heavy, but I don't think there are any other 2600 games with a five song soundtrack (and no custom chips). I like to just turn on the title screen and push and hold a direction to hear a song. The title song (through several levels) is my favorite, though.

The reason for not using DPC+ is that I have read it is harder to get onto an actual cartridge. I want this game to be able to be produced as an actual Atari game. Most of my games will be 32K bankswitched!

This game has 64 screens (nine levels), several animated backgrounds (a waterfall, lava falling, a giant flying eagle, a giant turtle, a huge Mayan styled head with blinking eyes, a pyramid with an all seeing eye blinking, etc..), a five song soundtrack, two playable characters, fully animated sprites, two interchangeable difficulty levels, a pause feature with zoom and music, full screen animated 'summon' attacks, and you get to free cute little fairies!!

Wow great work, the character animations are brilliant, not tried it yet but i will, keep up the great work.

• Like 1

..Nah..it still says 'public' and I don't think anything got unchecked. I'll be sure to fine-tooth-comb it when it gets done uploading. I really can't wait to publish this game. My next one is almost ready to be demonstrated.

Here's a pic from a blurry television!!..

attachicon.gifRunOut.JPG

this looks very interesting indeed

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was a big highpoint for me, getting to see Titan Axe being played at the Texas game fest! There were a lot of people in those pics and videos. I feel like all the Star Wars cosplayers had the appearance of wedding crashers to a degree. Richard Garriott was there, so that was cool (Buttons and I agreed that he looked like a mini Hulk Hogan :-D ). We were just playing (Buttons with me watching and helping a little) Ultima V on the Master System (We both totally love Ultima VII on the PC).

Anywho, it was just fantastic seeing my game in front of tons of people. All the homebrew games got their feet wet and it looked fun. I wonder if Titan Axe will get a spot in Oregon?

We were just playing (Buttons with me watching and helping a little) Ultima V on the Master System (We both totally love Ultima VII on the PC).

It was Ultima IV, Papa, and I named my character your suggestion...da da da daaaaa! "POOKIE!"

I think the setup there was beautiful and I hope we can go to one soon!

LOL at wedding crasher Star Wars guys.

It was a big highpoint for me, getting to see Titan Axe being played at the Texas game fest! There were a lot of people in those pics and videos. I feel like all the Star Wars cosplayers had the appearance of wedding crashers to a degree. Richard Garriott was there, so that was cool (Buttons and I agreed that he looked like a mini Hulk Hogan :-D ). We were just playing (Buttons with me watching and helping a little) Ultima V on the Master System (We both totally love Ultima VII on the PC).

Anywho, it was just fantastic seeing my game in front of tons of people. All the homebrew games got their feet wet and it looked fun. I wonder if Titan Axe will get a spot in Oregon?

Is Titan Axe out of beta phase? and/or finished?

It's done, yup! The last changes I made (these are not on the demo that was there) were setting up the difficulty so it couldn't be changed on the fly (during the game), and some minor adjustments to the backgrounds on one level. I ordered one from the AA store with my own label that still has the difficulty switchable (like the demo at Austin), but the one for sale will not allow you to change difficulty after the game has started (you can flip the switch all you want but it will be stuck at what you set it to at the title screen for the duration of the game). This is so you have to beat it in hard all the way through to free the Faery Queen. The game is really not that hard once you figure out the warps and recharge areas.

• 1 month later...

No offense is intended, and I agree the artwork looks great! However, something looks a bit "off" about the female in the label design. Either her head looks a bit too small, or her bosom is a bit too high.

Anybody else seeing that also.. or is it an optical illusion?

Again, the label concept is great! The game also looks interesting :)

I thinks she just looks very strong. Like she could chuck a beer keg into a crowd of bikers. She's my new girlfriend and I love her. :P

(just kidding...I'm married with children and I'm sure my wife will growl and snarl at me :mad: just for writing that and then I will spank her and she will be happy again.. :twisted: )

I think she looks hot and dangerous just like a barbarian/valkyrie chick should look! I like comic style art and dynamics, but to each his/her own.

• Like 1