IGNORED

Coleco Turbo "Prototype" RELEASED !

Bushie2600

Short answer: Nothing. Real collectors will still pay top dollar for an original one-of-a-kind prototype.

Casual gamers usually don't purchase costly protos, but appreciate being able to play the game.

I'm sure others will disagree but I've found this to be true more often then not.

Ok, as I am slurping on my coffee, I am asking myself the question "What happens to the value of this prototype if I release the ROM ?".

Does anyone care to answer this question ?

Absolutely nothing. There are several people here who will pay well over $1000 for it whether or not the ROM is available.

Send it to Albert, Alex or Curt Vendel.  They will post it for you.

Bushie... Send it to Alex, one of the two owners of Atariage. Albert is on the road and probably just getting home from driving the van from Phillyclassic all the way down to Texas, so I doubt he'll be online until tomorrow and 12 hours of sleep later...

If you send it to me, please do so in the next 15 mins as I am at work right now and I would need to post it into the FTP server before I leave for work, otherwise it'll be about an 1 hour & 1/2 before I'll be in the Atari Museum office and I can then get back online and post the file up to the FTP server for all to access.

Curt

Just select Post Reply and at the bottom of the window is add attachement, click it and go to the directory where you BIN is located and select it and viola, instant gratification to one and all :-)

That doesn't work, he has to ZIP it first. BIN attachements are not allowed (don't ask me why). At least that was the problem when I tried the last time.

Actually, you're right,

Bushie...

Just select Post Reply and at the bottom of the window is add attachement, click it and go to the directory where you BIN is located and select it and viola, instant gratification to one and all :-)

Curt

Thanks.

I have had many offers for this prototype already but I have decided to post the binary because I believe in "try before you buy" so here it is ....

:D

turbo.zip

Well I'll be. Too bad it's not really playable. Unless I'm doing something wrong the other cars never really move. You cant pass anything. Once the time runs out...It just resets to 99. Still good to see it surface.

I will give you $5.00 for it. Thanks.

Just in time! :thumbsup:

BTW: CloneSpy reports:

0  1  2  3

0 Smurfs - Rescue in Gargamel's Castle (CBS Electronics) (PAL) [!] . =  99 88 57

1 Smurfs - Rescue in Gargamel's Castle (1982) (Coleco) (PAL)......   =  .  88 57

2 Smurfs - Rescue in Gargamel's Castle (1982) (Coleco)............   =  =  .  66

3 TURBO...........................................................   =  =  =  .

Looks like they misused a Smurf EPROM for it.

my mouse seems to make it accelerate also, and in z26 the mouse is supposed to emulate the paddles. if that game is 8k than something is really missing, or just 8k with a lot of emptiness....

wonder if it actually supports the driving controllers....

just a quick glance with a hex editor reveals what looks like a considerable amount of dead space in the middle of the rom...