IGNORED

Coleco Turbo "Prototype" RELEASED !

Bushie2600

Hi everyone,

my last visit to the U.S. was a huge success, after digging through all the cartridges and boards I bought while I visited the Conneticut area recently, I discovered that one of the games is no other than the long lost game Turbo.

I am attaching a picture of it to this post (hope it works).

post-3192-1049146084_thumb.jpg

Congrats!!! Talk with Albert & Alex, they can dump the game for you if you don't have the equipment and if you want do an open release of sales of the game in professional boxes and such, they are the guys to talk to, maybe you could also release the ROM if/when you're ready and they could help you with that too.... No one is more trustworthy with such things the the Atariage guys.

Curt

w00t w00t! (as the youngsters today say)..

I wish I could find a prototype in the wild.. But a town of 35,000 isn't exactly a haven for Atari. :(

Someday, I'll find a prototype of Quantum or Liberator for the 2600! :P

Here is some more pictures, I think the colors are wrong because our system is PAL or something.

Thanks to some help in the hardware forum (thanks again!), I was able to build a ROM dumper using Eckhardt's plans to convert a 7800. I am just about to try to see if the colors are okay in an emulator but I need to run for a couple of hours, I'll be back later.

:)

post-3192-1049146821_thumb.jpg

Hold on.. Tomorrow is April 1.  This  isn't a joke, is it?  The reason I ask is that last year Albert pulled a great one on us with the whole I'Robot thing.  :D

Yes, but IMO this one looks at least possible for the 2600. Hm... :?

Oh, no doubt, but remember the 2600 Doom joke a while back? That had screenshots as well..

I'm just trying to find a link to the Turbo screenshots as linked from another thread to compare.

Not that I doubt you, but it DID just ocur that tomorrow IS April 1.

If its another hoax, this is the best yet, the photo's even have scan roll too, but the image could've been hacked and a variation of it made, then piped out through a composite or RF converter onto a TV screen, then photo'd...

again a lot of work, this however is looking legit.

Curt

I'm just trying to find a link to the Turbo screenshots as linked from another thread to compare.

Yes, I remember somebody posted a picture some weeks ago. But IIRC the colors where different.

Not that I doubt you, but it DID just ocur that tomorrow IS April 1.

Actually Aprils 1st has started in Germany just a minute ago.

If its another hoax, this is the best yet, the photo's even have scan roll too, but the image could've been hacked and a variation of it made, then piped out through a composite or RF converter onto a TV screen, then photo'd...

again a lot of work, this however is looking legit.

Curt

You have to admit that the timing is curious though.

There was another thread that had some actual screenshots of the game, taken from amagazine back in the 80's. When I found the thread, the shots had a big ol red X where the pic should be. :(

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ight=2600+turbo

About 1/2 way down in a post by Scott Stilphen...

Scott, you don't happen to have that still, do ya?