IGNORED

Any Rayman experts out there?

2d gamer

Hello. I have a question about Rayman. What's the best level in the game to collect free guys? I played the Gameboy Advance version and I believe Twilight Gulch was a stage to amass lives. This doesn't seem to be the case in the Jag version.

Free lives may need to be collected via collecting 100 blue gems.

Any ideas?

Best,

2d gamer

I need to take another stab at completing this game, I've re-started twice now and gave up due to not being able to get past one of the picture city levels. I don't think all the extra lives I could get would help me :mad: But at least the game is good enough to warrant the effort.

Edited by Willard

The best way to rack up lives is just use the cheat code for 50 lives.

Fifty lives per continue

When the "walking hands" appear during the opening sequence, press 5, 1, 5, 2, 5, 3. A message will you entered the code correctly.

The number pad was added to the Jaguar controller for the sole purpose of making Rayman fair with the above code.

• Like 4

That's kind of cheating if you ask me... racking up extra lives sort of artificially, the programmers probably didn't intend for the player to do that... Or maybe im just bitter I never beat the game, lol.

It's an exploit but certainly not cheating. Kinda like how an offense notices that a corner is weak and just attacks it over and over again with long bombs and racks up the score. Cheating is cheat codes, but if it is in the game, it is allowed.

• Like 2

The way I see it is that it is not cheating. Anything within the domain of the game is fair game. Cheating is using cheat codes or special controllers.

The downside of repeatedly going into levels for free lives (like any Mario game) is that it's pretty "boring" having to beat a stage over and over again just to rack up lives. And the worse of a gamer you are, the more time you gotta spend "making up" for your mistakes. It's kinda like "grinding" in RPG's. Nothing in life is free, as they say. And grinding in RPG's takes LOTS of time (time is money). Using a car-jack to jack up a car isn't cheating for the same reason.....it takes longer to jack up a car than to lift it with your bare hands. The price (or downside) is the additional length of time it takes. That's how I make sense of it. Same with re-loading a saved game. You still have to overcome the hard part of the game eventually. Reloading a save state is not the same thing as holding your hand. You still gotta perform like a pro eventually.

• 2 weeks later...