IGNORED

Do I open it? Sealed Demon Attack for O2

ScottyDont00

Can anyone confirm if the O2 games came shrink wrapped or if the stores did that before putting on the shelf?

At this point I am leaning towards taking some photos and making a video of me unwrapping it but not quite there yet. Thanks for all the feedback thus far.

The imagic games for sure came sealed from the factory.

Also the 3 large box 'board game' sets came shrinkwraped and so did computer intro because it came with a thick spiral manual that did not fit in the box.

The rest of the standard paper box O2 games I believe all came sealed by a 1 inch or so long piece of thin scotch tape on the right side holding the gatefold cover shut.

I don't think they had a shrinkwrap seal from the factory but they did have this tape seal.

:)

• Like 1

Website I bought it from: www.oldsoftware.com

- a little hard to search but worth a look to find some of the gems they have a lot of sealed items for retro consoles and pc.

Great CS, fast shipping and good price for this game.

See the album for the pics.

• 1 month later...

Update to all- Got an offer I could not refuse and let the sealed copy go. Was enough to get a unsealed CIB copy and plenty extra to put towards completing the US release collection and start buying some home-brews. It hurt a little sealing the box up but I think I'll feel better once the other copy arrives in a few days....

• Like 1

Smart move. ;)

Always surprises me when I see fellow collectors buy sealed games and then exclaim "I don't collect sealed games, I am ripping this open"

When there are people out there that are searching for the sealed ones why not sell the sealed ones to them and reap the benefits.

Sure if you can only find a sealed one that is one thing....and I know some people like the experience of opening a sealed game from 25-35 years ago.

But is ripping some shrink wrap that fun when it's a $50-100 experience? :D

Edited by stupus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember many years ago finding this exact game for 50 cents at a local used media/book store called Bookmans. This was a time that they didn't really check everything on ebay or amazon before putting it out for sale, you could still find a good deal. I didn't collect for the O2 but have been into Atari for a very long time so knew that a sealed game by a third party company had to be worth more than what I paid. If memory serves, I believe I sold it for around $60 - $65 on ebay.

It was a few years later that I came across a strange looking TRS-80 cartridge called Katerpillar Attack and bought it for under $5. It turned out to be one of the only known copies to exist and I knew this because the guy from Digital Press bought it and added it to the master game list with a rarity of 10 and last time I saw the site, it still said that only a couple are known to be in collections. What does this have to do with the story above, I sold this game on ebay as well and got nearly the exact price that I did for the 50 cent O2 game.

I regret selling the TRS-80 cartridge now, it turned out to be a really neat, fun feeling to find that game and what fwas like a rediscovery for the vintage gaming community. I don't have any idea if the game is worth more or less now and although I rarely regret or even like to use that word but it's the one game that if I could undo one transaction from my past, I would pay the same to get it back.

Oh yeah, if you find a sealed game for a system you collect but don't keep games sealed......sell it to "those people" and buy another used copy. You will most likely have a lot more money.

• Like 1