IGNORED

Create and burn eproms for standard Jaguar 2 chip cartridges

rayik

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone be willing to burn the eproms and sell them?

I posted so everyone could make their own carts. While I'm sure there are people using this to make and sell, with this knowledge you don't need to be buying from them on ebay. Try making some yourself.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Ok I need to post this.

Let me just say you are better off changing any .j64 extension to .rom, trust me it does make a difference!!

Take your .j64 file and rename it to .rom, split it and then program it. This information should be extremely helpful.

While some games will program and run as a .j64 some or at least one will NOT!

Ok I need to post this.

Let me just say you are better off changing any .j64 extension to .rom, trust me it does make a difference!!

Take your .j64 file and rename it to .rom, split it and then program it. This information should be extremely helpful.

While some games will program and run as a .j64 some or at least one will NOT!

I had found that out a while ago when I wasn;t getting any of the roms to show up in Skunkgui to load onto a skunk. Changing from .j64 to .rom fixed all of them!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally purchased a Hakko FR-301 desoldering iron. If you can afford it, I highly recommend you desolder using that rather than a Souldault. Including time learning to use the tool, it took me about 45 minutes to remove chips from 40 pcbs. You will save a lot of time and effort with the FR-301.

It is so easy to use and does such a good job, I had a lot of chips just falling out from the pcb. Pics are example of how good it desolders.

post-5453-0-84008200-1540044365_thumb.jpg

post-5453-0-18041300-1540044387_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I gave it a go on my own, but never got more than the jag red screen of death. Do I understand that its fine to use M27C160? Is there anything special? I guess since I've done all the steps, I'm not sure which of the steps I've messed up.

Is there anyone that can give me a set of hi/lo that are tested, just so I can confirm I'm STARTING with something good? I cut up a raiden rom, since I own several copies, I figure I'm good to do what I want for non commercial reasons

I'm really tired of soldering and unsoldering. I need to find zif sockets for these! Has anyone done that?

Ok, I gave it a go on my own, but never got more than the jag red screen of death. Do I understand that its fine to use M27C160? Is there anything special? I guess since I've done all the steps, I'm not sure which of the steps I've messed up.

Is there anyone that can give me a set of hi/lo that are tested, just so I can confirm I'm STARTING with something good? I cut up a raiden rom, since I own several copies, I figure I'm good to do what I want for non commercial reasons

I'm really tired of soldering and unsoldering. I need to find zif sockets for these! Has anyone done that?

I'd recommend you socket at least one board. After burning ROMs use the socketed board to make sure they work before you solder them in. I also found that a small percentage of boards are just bad.

Attached are the Tube SE ROMs with appropriate encryption header. AFAIK its okay to distribute these.

I have burned these to 27C160 ROMs and have a working cart of the game, so these do work.

As Rayik suggests, I have an uncased prototype board with sockets to test ROMs before soldering them to a unsocketed board and putting them in a case.

Good luck.

TUBESE_HI.BIN

TUBESE_LO.BIN

• Like 2

Is there an alternative to romsplit? All of my pcs are windows 64 bit and I cant get the program to run as it is 32 bit only. Currently I have most of my games already split (somebody gave me the the hi and lo files for 2 chip boards) but I would like to be able to split the files without having to share with somebody else.

I could just get an older windows xp 32 bit laptop just for this, but I was hoping there may be another way.

Thanks

Is there an alternative to romsplit? All of my pcs are windows 64 bit and I cant get the program to run as it is 32 bit only. Currently I have most of my games already split (somebody gave me the the hi and lo files for 2 chip boards) but I would like to be able to split the files without having to share with somebody else.

I could just get an older windows xp 32 bit laptop just for this, but I was hoping there may be another way.

Thanks

Use DosBox on your 64bit win machine. See here

• Like 2

Thanks

They are not difficult to write, just code one up for your purposes, should take only 10-15 minutes to write from scratch in pretty much any native PC based language (C, C++, C#, PHP, Python, JAVA etc), choose your preferred language and just write it.

• Like 1

They are not difficult to write, just code one up for your purposes, should take only 10-15 minutes to write from scratch in pretty much any native PC based language (C, C++, C#, PHP, Python, JAVA etc), choose your preferred language and just write it.

Ahh, you must mean one of these:

post-18126-0-17716100-1547412041.png

• Like 3

Attached are the Tube SE ROMs with appropriate encryption header. AFAIK its okay to distribute these.

I have burned these to 27C160 ROMs and have a working cart of the game, so these do work.

As Rayik suggests, I have an uncased prototype board with sockets to test ROMs before soldering them to a unsocketed board and putting them in a case.

Good luck.

I have had a heck of a time finding the correct sockets for these boards, I keep smaller, up to 40pin, but nothing 42. Does https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/3M-Electronic-Solutions-Division/4842-6000-CP?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs%2fSh%2fkjph1tvt1%2fmEPT%2fXorZIrGZxBfeI%3dseem correct?

I've burned the posted sample, guess I'll try them after work on day this week and see if I can some success...