rayik

Create and burn eproms for standard Jaguar 2 chip cartridges

I believe they are 1uf. Digikey sells 500 for $35.

Actually have marked as 104 -> 10 + 0000 zeros -> 100.000 Picofarad -> 100 Nanofarad -> 0.1 Microfarad

This is the standard value of "decoupling capacitors" for the ic's. :)

Edited by santosp
  • Like 1

Hi all.

I know this is an old post but I need a bit of help. I'm new to all this but I have had a GQ-4X programmer for sometime but never used it.  I would like to try and repair a few of the games I have bought as some of the gold connectors have come of the cart.

My idea is to unsolder the 'HI' & 'Lo' eproms and solder them back on to a donor board.

But if I was to replace the eeprom Memory and/or 93C86 or 93C66 ram eeprom (as mentioned in the tutorial) what information do I need to write to those chips?

Thanks

Edited by namrood

I went through the entire thread but didn't see it mentioned other than not requiring to be closed but what exactly are the C2/C3 spots for?

Some carts are closed and others are open and while it doesn't seem to matter in the end, would still like to know why or what the actual purpose of these are for.

They're extra decoupling capacitors to stabilize the power delivery to the chips. I guess Atari found out that it worked fine without them and saved a few cents by removing them.

• Thanks 1