IGNORED

PS4, Xbox One or WiiU?

Shawn

PS4, Xbox One or WiiU?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. PS4, Xbox One or WiiU?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm going with the Wii-U because it's the only one I own. I'm waiting for the PS4 to get some games I want to play before buying one. The Wii-U may not have a ton of games, but it has a lot of very nice exclusives.

Ya I bought a WiiU on launch day. Had it for a year and then just ran out of good games as I played and beat the handful that I found worth buying\playing. I sold it off and was just gonna skip this gen all together but my son asked for a PS4 for xmas so I bought it for him. I have to say I'm impressed with the PS4. Many more quality games and my son getting so much enjoyment out of it playing minecraft, plants VS zombies,ect. really shows it's got what it takes for younger folks and guys our age. I've played Trials Fusion and it's amazing. Just getting into the new Wolf game and it's pretty damn good too. I try not to be a graphics whore but it's hard not to appreciate the visuals on the PS4. It's got game play that is of the video quality other games used as cut scene quality just a few years ago.

While Nintendo will always suck me in with Mario games, Sony has really started to grow on me. Something I never, ever thought I would say.

I have a Wii U...

I bought one at launch, got bored and sold it. Went to the store a little while back all primed to buy a PS4 and realized all the games I wanted to play were pretty violent/mature/etc.. I don't have a problem with that but my kids are pretty young (not to mention girls) and I was planning on having it in the living room so I could use the "good" TV.

I walked out with a Wii U... sometimes you just have to make a "Dad" choice, lol.

I have been having a blast playing it with my oldest Daughter though, I forgot how good Nintendo is as a family console. As a solo experience I got bored pretty quick though...

• Like 2

This is the first generation in a long while I haven't owned all 3 (only own an xbone & Wii u). If i had to choose between the 3 I guess I'd pick the Wii U for being less annoying to the Xbone (which is very annoying).

The xbox 360 though is my current gen fave console purely because of the xbox live arcade selection. It sucks we couldn't transfer those purchases because the xbone xblive market is barren and boring. Heck at least shove on Robotron there.

Edited by NE146

I'm gonna say Wii U because that's what I own, although I really should get some more games for it. Are there any good sales going on? Gotta get some Club Nintendo coins before the 31st.

Ya I used up the most of my coins on the club nintendo mario shirt the other day.

I own all three consoles now.
I voted WiiU because of all the consoles, it seems to be the main one with actual games coming to it.
(Actual games to me = something that's more about gameplay and having fun than being a cinematic masterpiece of a story with sometimes gameplay)
This doesn't mean I don't enjoy the PS4... But I only have the Xbox One because I got a good deal and play online with work friends.
I'll eventually get more for each, but neither one has really released exclusives that I want...

I think the wii u is a great console, it has amazing graphics and sound, is wii backwards compatible and has some very good games. On the downside, I think the controller should have a much bigger screen and has long startup time, even after the quick start screen. Great games are mario 3d world, pikmin and zelda. I dont think this console gets fair press coverage. 9/10.

The last modern console I really had a lot of fun with was the Xbox (original). I modded it up, added a bigger hard drive and modded a lot of games for it! I also made my own desktops and set up media players and emulators. The last modern console I bought was the Wii. I had some fun with it, too. I stopped after the Wii and have little to no intention of buying a PS3, PS4, another XBox 360 (I've had over 3, firmware modded, heat-sink modded..all with the same eventual results :mad: ), an Xbox One, WiiU, or a PS4. I'm pretty sure the last three all have some type of DLC if you want the best from what you paid for. :thumbsdown:

Wasn't surprised to see WiiU taking the poll by storm; Nintendo hasn't forgotten that games are supposed to be fun, and not just frigging buggy tech demos, like so many these days. I think retrogamers understand that better than anyone.

Plus, Wii-U has the Nes Remix games, which to me were killer apps for the system. :D

I also found the Big Controller/Wii Controlers setup to be interesting, like it could lead to the sort of asymmetric multiplayer games that Chris Crawford talked about in one of his books (Mooser Gooser, I think it was called). It doesn't appear anyone is using it for that yet.

I also like how you can use the Big Controller like it's a portable system.

I think it has more potential than the Wii, whose motions controls were great until the novelty wore off (Skyward Sword was one of the greatest abominations of all-time; if only they let you have the option of playing it with the Class Controller!)

• Like 1

I don't own any of them, but I go for the wiiU since my kids love the gamecube and the wii.

I think it has more potential than the Wii, whose motions controls were great until the novelty wore off (Skyward Sword was one of the greatest abominations of all-time; if only they let you have the option of playing it with the Class Controller!)

I hate those as well. My kids (3,6) play the gamecube more than the wii, because they understand the controls much better.

Holy smokes the WiiU us killing it in this poll. If Nintendo only had these numbers across the board they might be doing a little better. I'm very surprised at the lack of votes for the Xbox or PS4.

There are lots of people on here with good taste. You can't really say that about the majority of the gaming public unfortunately.

I have all three and tend to play the Xbox One most, followed by the PS4, with the Wii U a distant third. My daughters definitely put the most hours into the Wii U, though these days they play the Xbox One the most (primarily Minecraft and Disney Infinity 2). Outside of a short-lived obsession with Mario Kart 8, I've personally found few games on the Wii U all that compelling. With that said, it definitely works in the Xbox One's and PS4's favors for me that they have monthly "free" games (with annual subscription) and that I'm also not "afraid" to buy digital games on them (since the purchases are not tied to a console like they are on the Wii U; I have two Wii U's and two Xbox One's, and obviously I can't play my digital games on the other Wii U like I can on the other Xbox One). The only digital games I have on the Wii U were the cheap ambassador ones or the free one I got with Mario Kart 8 (I also got Wii Fit U because of the pedometer deal).

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 1