IGNORED

Preventative Maintenance?

xenomorpher

The last generation of consoles, minus the Wii, really taught me that your console won't last forever. Some malfunctions couldn't be prevented due to poor design choices. The first day I took mine out of the box I noticed they decided not to put the HDMI port closer to the horizontal bottom like they did with the PS3 super slim. My setup is the backs of my PS3 and PS4 are facing the side of my shelves so the hot air blown out has a place to disperse, versus facing against a wall. Because of this, I was worried that the weight of the HDMI cord would loosen or wear out the port. So I bent a wire clothes hanger and stuck it under an upside down wire drawer that the console is sitting on. I took a piece of cardboard and wedged it against the console so the power cord could rest on it because I noticed it was drooping too. I used a cardboard piece for my PS3 super slim's HDMI cable too that's also on the same kind of wire drawer. Besides things like dusting, keeping the console in a well ventilated area, and having a cool room temperature, are there any special things you're doing to help prolong the life of your PS4?

post-4196-0-77977200-1425516928_thumb.jpg

Edited by xenomorpher

The coat hanger is a bit overkill, but keeping the PS4 elevated so air flows underneath is always a good idea. Keep in mind that the system sucks in air from both sides so keep it clear of the wall a few inches.

I keep all my consoles on a cheapo wire shelf I got at Walmart, so they get air from all sides. I still need to get some pvc tubes for wire management though.