IGNORED

Policies

Eric7100

It's almost like that Ebay seller that went bat sh*t crazy. I remember a few years ago there was a seller that started putting all this legal stuff in his descriptions and it was as long as a novel. I don't remember the sellers name but they were talking about it in the auctions section here a few years ago. It was the craziest thing i ever seen on Ebay.

• Like 1

It is the Policy that you take them (the phones) up, where they have to pay about $15 to get them back. I have not taken any up, as each time I have tried, I can see I may be getting into a fist fight. So I keep telling them to put them up. I will say I did not bring them up. Those that did not get up actually did the work they were supposed to do. Not one that used it in any way, shape, or form did any work. I did not write who did what. Anyway, about 1/3 did nothing. I have seen some where they are good, and some where they are out of control. What does that do to your reputation, when it is * Every time? It is always good or always bad.

In the remittance, the $15 payment was rejected due to non-sufficient funds. The clerk was most rude, herself nearly bringing to fisticuffs. Thankfully the restraint permeated the room, and we were able to withdraw to a more hospitable clime. It is unfortunate that we must take them (the phones) up, as 2/3 were operable. We stake our reputation on full support, though, and must find the ones that be out of control. It is definitely most unfortunate.

duck_amuck.jpg

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

Fair enough, but why did they pick such a boring number? 9 would have been better...

and what's 23 got to do with 1984?

They should have chosen a completely random number, like 4:

int GetRandomNumber() {
   return 4;  // chosen randomly by die roll
}

... or you can write a bad number generator the hardcore way.

http://physics.ucsc.edu/~peter/115/randu.pdf

Ah yes, the cosmically bad RANDU. I believe Knuth even devoted some space in Volume 2 to that one. Indeed:

...its very name RANDU is enough to bring dismay into the eyes and stomachs of many computer scientists!

• Donald E. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming (2nd ed., 1969), Vol. 2, §3.3.4, p. 104
  • Like 1