IGNORED

What is this device?

ReddMcKnight

Hey all. I've learned that I need some kind of "pass through" device to play some 2600 games on the CV's Expansion Module 1. Problem is, I don't know the exact name of this device, so I can't search for it. I also lack a picture of any kind. Anyone know what this device is called?

your talking about the cartridge port extender because some cartridges we not made to specs and didn't seat correctly in the cartridge port.

you only got this if you called coleco back in the 80's and complained about some games not working. then they would

send you an adapter that fixed the problem,

Edited by mightywiz

If you need a photo of one, I can attach one to the thread. mightywiz has explained in some detail what you are asking after in the original post.

I am not certain what the 'official' name is for the device, as it is rather plain in construction. This complicates searching for one, I know. I can tell you that I have only seen four or so show up on eBay over many, many years. None have been definitely or consistently named there. That number isn't definitive, just my personal accounting. I have always wondered how many have wound up in the hands of collectors over that timespan. Maybe someone else knows better than I.

Edited by mumbai

your talking about the cartridge port extender because some cartridges we not made to specs and didn't seat correctly in the cartridge port.

you only got this if you called coleco back in the 80's and complained about some games not working. then they would

send you an adapter that fixed the problem,

If you need a photo of one, I can attach one to the thread. mightywiz has explained in some detail what you are asking after in the original post.

I am not certain what the 'official' name is for the device, as it is rather plain in construction. This complicates searching for one, I know. I can tell you that I have only seen four or so show up on eBay over many, many years. None have been definitely or consistently named there. That number isn't definitive, just my personal accounting. I have always wondered how many have wound up in the hands of collectors over that timespan. Maybe someone else knows better than I.

So I guess it's not exactly easy to acquire one then?

Yes, that's the extra hardware bit. As the photos show, it is wholly unbranded externally (the only exterior text is "Front", blurrily visible in the second photo of the thing).

I am curious as to this bit of explanation at the other end of that URL: "When it arrived there was a slip of paper that said it had a $ 60 value."

I have never seen that slip of paper. Has anyone physical evidence of it?