IGNORED

Kiiro

Matej

Hello.

I started working on my very first game for A8.

Story will be about little ninja boy.

Name for project is Kiiro (Kiiro means Yellow in Japan).

Bacause He wears yellow suit...

Some early screenshoots:

Bez_n_zvu.png

And second one:

Kiiro.png

There will be two versions of game:

For Atari 65XE / 800 XE / 800XL and 130XE (with more pictures between levels), songs will be in mono and stereo (autodetect).

And for Windows PC with MOD music using Pokey samples and same graphics as on A8. Game will be in charset graphics.

So it will have simmilar look/feeling to Gameboy or MSX1 games... And I think there are only few games using such graphics mode.

But my second game will be in color graphics.

• Like 17

Fantastic, we all like new developers developing games.

I am one myself, working on a game at the moment. I released one back in the 1990s but am now looking to make my first Assembly language game.

Your game has an interesting and original look. Can you tell me/us what the idea of the game is? Is it a fighting game?

• Like 1

I encourage you to keep on with the project, whether people like it or not.

- Y -

Hello.

I started working on my very first game for A8.

Story will be about little ninja boy.

Name for project is Kiiro (Kiiro means Yellow in Japan).

Bacause He wears yellow suit...

Some early screenshoots:

Bez_n_zvu.png

And second one:

Kiiro.png

There will be two versions of game:

For Atari 65XE / 800 XE / 800XL and 130XE (with more pictures between levels), songs will be in mono and stereo (autodetect).

And for Windows PC with MOD music using Pokey samples and same graphics as on A8. Game will be in charset graphics.

So it will have simmilar look/feeling to Gameboy or MSX1 games... And I think there are only few games using such graphics mode.

But my second game will be in color graphics.

• Like 1

FYI, It only takes a click, at least for the nice graphic's sake...gee!! (not in irish :) )..

Well, a huge project had been planned.

The problem is that even those pictures without any software behind them, were not been able to get viewed on the A8 1 to 1.

And, what he planned could find a place to be solved on an A8 with VBXE and COVOX , not GTIA and POKEY.

Edited by emkay

Looks good!

That yellow ninja guy on black-white background is doable, you would see dark-yellow pixels next to black pixels only with magnifying glass...

Here is an example. Black&White Hires mode with Player overlay:
post-14652-0-11287200-1425839828_thumb.png
Executable:
Yellow colors are really clear looking. On the right side you can see blue and red have visible darker pixels. Haven't tried this on a real crt... Would be interesting to see how visible it is on it.
  • Like 3

That yellow ninja guy on black-white background is doable, you would see dark-yellow pixels next to black pixels only with magnifying glass...

Most Atari users depend to put the black to some grey, so you would see it more than clear. Particular when using an XE with Antenna or FBAS Connector.

Particular, if you want to keep it oldskool, it would be better to add the PMg resolution to the animations directly, resulting in 3 colour "hires" looking objects.

Or forget the yellow and make different greys.

1st option is still not used in games ...

Some colouring like this in games...

post-2756-0-16067500-1425843023_thumb.png

At least it looks like "hires colours" ...

• Like 2

How it would look, you can prove , loading the XEX.

This is using the "1st Picture" with one player to give the yellow colour.

Things get more interesting, if the coder wants still to use "yellow". while others play on "BW" or even NTSC, when the charset gets inverted. You could give the objects up to 8 different brightnesses, and colours. On a bad PAL TV you also recognize different brightness values more than different colours.

Bez_n_zvu.xex

• 10 months later...