IGNORED

For your gaming enjoyment

sparkdrummer

A Couple more .dsk files for your gaming enjoyment in case you don't have them.

The dragon.dsk contains one file - dragon which loads with Editor/Assembler Option 3 (Load & Run).

The game autostarts. A few of the other geezer TI'ers like me will remember this game I think. I seem to remember it being available commercially but I cannot say for sure (typical geezer trait). It kind of reminds me of Defender.

The runner.dsk contains 4 different data files for use with TI Runner. ORIGINAL - which is the file that shipped with TI Runner, HITE - a file written by an individual named Hite, ADVANCED - This is a file that shipped with TI Runner Editor - 44 new screens, And finally the file that is on the disk named LEVEL28 came from a individual from France - 50 screens.

For those that might not know, If you wish to play one of the other files, you just need to rename the current LEVEL28 file to something else and then name the file you want to play to LEVEL28.

Finally - the disk contains 2 different TI Runner main programs - RUNNER31 gives you 3 lives per attempt. RUNNER501 gives you 50 lives per attempt. Also pressing Function 5 after a screen has loaded will take you to the next screen. Pressing Shift 3 will stop the game and wait for you to enter a two digit screen number then will load same.

conTInuing,

-Ralph...

Dragon.dsk

runner.dsk

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

No problem on the post. I attempted using supersave to see if I could convert to ea opt5 but was unsuccessful. Maybe one of the brainier cats like you can enhance it a bit. I never played it too much so maybe somebody else either has or will play it and get all the nuances posted for further fun.

A couple more disks dug out of the pile.

First disk is Wheel of Fortune and Yahtzee. The twist with them is they are programmed using STAR (Super TI Assembly Routines). The docs on the disk state that you need to add STAR to the disk, but you won't need to as I've already set the disk up properly. I like both of these games but one thing that's always bothered me is the end of the dice roll animation there is one pixel lit up at the top left corner of the dice.

The second disk is the STAR package. I figured I'd better upload it for all the programmers that might like to see it. Some of the demo stuff is pretty neat.

Hopefully these two disks are something new for some of you.

conTInuing,

-Ralph...

wheel.dsk

star.dsk

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Another dsk of games. The name of the the outfit that programmed them is ISS - Instrumental Software Systems. Never really heard of them until I found this disk in the pile.

I kinda like Mr Kitty

One other one - Shipwreck - Keeps erroring out after a moment of moving your on screen man about a little. I think TI is upset about the way a pattern is set up? I dunno, because programming is not one of my strong suites. Maybe one of the programming giants here can fix.

Anyway - Have fun.

conTInuing,

-Ralph...

iss.dsk

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

level28.dsk

tirunnered.dsk

Level28.dsk is the original file to be used with TI Runner

TIrunnered.dsk is the editor that was released from EB software.

The dox for the editor are available from WHT I think.

If somebody comes up with a some good screens please upload here.

Same goes for Gravity Master from CSI.

-Ralph...

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Found this disk in my archive today. Pretty unusual in that it uses both joysticks to run the sub.

Program was written by the same folks that brought us THE MINE. German language throughout.

Maybe someone here could translate to english to make it more understandable and playable for non German speaking folks (like me) The instructions are an XB based in the file SUB-INST. This file had some screwy protection on it that I was able to crack. The cracked XB file is SUB_INST.

You load the game by entering E/A option 3, load both SUBHUNT1 then SUBHUNT2. Program name start.

Really looks interesting to me...

uboot.dsk

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 3/4/2020 at 12:12 PM, akirmse said:

Thanks for this!  I actually wrote the editor and created the 44 extra levels when I was in high school.  The timing wasn't so good---this was right before the TI crash.  I think it sold 20 copies ?

Thank you for writing the editor!  Was a great add-on to a great game..  Sorry you only sold 20 copies though.  Do you still have the original source material or is it all gone to time?

Greg

• Like 1