IGNORED

StarGlider / Carrier Command musician returns via Kickstarter

David Lowe aka Uncle Art is remaking his Amiga/Atari/C64 music as a studio album.

Remember StarGlider? Or Carrier Command? Remember the cassette tape that came with them? Or countless other classics.

He's a thoroughly nice guy I have had the pleasure of knowing and this album is going to be epic! An amazing blend of old a new.

Get backing and lets help him reach his goal

Well I was originally excited (Starglider specifically) to get the original tapes onto CD/digital, however, they've clarified it's more about the remakes of the songs vs. the originals. Their plan for the original tracks is to digitize and then clean up the audio direct from the ST/Amiga rather than using the tapes for them. Bummer, that'll keep me from contributing.

• 1 month later...

Even when the Uncle Art tunes did not make an impression on me back in the days, I backed the project. It seems that they are struggling to reach the goal after they restarted their kickstarter with a higher goal to include the orchestral Elite track. The only thing I can remember of Uncle Art is the "Staaaaaar Gliiiiiider" music and the IK+ music (Rob Hubbard conversion). I played other games with Uncle Art music but these tunes did not stay in my head.

I'm more exited about the Sidologie kickstarter of Marcel Donné that promises 3 to 6 CD's with various SID tunes remixes in Jean Michel Jarre (and Vangelis) style. I'm sure more ST users have nostalgic feelings for these tunes as the ST conversions by Mad Max in the BIG and Union demos were very popular.

Robert

• 1 month later...

The KickStarter of Uncle Art failed with only a few dollars short. So they now try it again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124468523/uncle-art-a-temporal-shift

I don't know if aiming at the same goal is a smart move (most of the retried KickStarter I've seen got less money the second time and Uncle Art does not have the same cult status as Chris Huelsbeck and Matt Gray that had very succesfull KickStarters). I would start with a cheaper orchestra and make the expensive Chamber Orchestra of London a stretch goal. Anyway I will pledge again and hopefully they will make it this time.

Robert