IGNORED

Is the 3DO Flightstick Pro a good buy?...

• 3 years later...

I found 2 for cheap. One had a player 2 port, the other didn't. One finicky thing about it is you must adjust the sliders to get it to center, and the second controller depends on the first controller so be prepared to have a lot of time adjusting to make it a fair 2 player game. I also found a Fight stick for cheap. All this was around 2005. Prices have gone up since then.

I found 2 for cheap. One had a player 2 port, the other didn't. One finicky thing about it is you must adjust the sliders to get it to center, and the second controller depends on the first controller so be prepared to have a lot of time adjusting to make it a fair 2 player game. I also found a Fight stick for cheap. All this was around 2005. Prices have gone up since then.

my wife bought mine around October last year for £30 I think it was (with Flying Nightmares).

The sliders are a pain. I know what you mean there.

• 3 weeks later...

What games is the stick actually good for by chance. Mainly flying nightmares, wing commander, Starfighter?

I can see Starfighter being a good flying stick game, the ship handles more like in a sim.

​I never really liked playing with flight sticks, I'll get the arcade stick controller and that'll be enough for me.

Edited by Montrealer

• 8 months later...

Here's a good, modern review. As this person says, I had several CH sticks for PC back in the day, and they were all really nice to use. That being said, I've never found a good reason to have a flight stick on a console, as there are few sims on them which are any good.

http://www.pixsoriginadventures.co.uk/3do-ch-flightstick-pro-first-impressions/

I works great with WCIII..it's just more pratical. However I used to have one and it got broken a bit so I went back to a regular controller and I thought although the stick feels great....it might not be worth the money. Don't get me wrong, it plays well...but giving its rising price (I assume..), maybe not that worth it. The gap between a controller and the flying stick is not as wide as between a controller and the fighting stick