IGNORED

Alpine Games final run

Duranik

Duranik, I don´t know if you did follow the new LCD replacement mod / VGA mod activities for the Lynx II, there is a kit made by McWill from Germany and of course with those newer faster displays the Hicolor pictures used in games like Alpine Games are flickering as you can see in my review video below at 8:15.

I don´t know if it would be possible to fix that if the user could choose if he has a new LCD or an old one, by changing the "display frequency" or something. And maybe you don´t have time and resources to think about that, but just saying that would be a "historical chance" to have the first Hicolor game that also supports that excellent newer display type.

;-)

But of course the game is still playable without such a fix I guess.

Edited by vectrexroli

Duranik, I don´t know if you did follow the new LCD replacement mod / VGA mod activities for the Lynx II, there is a kit made by McWill from Germany and of course with those newer faster displays the Hicolor pictures used in games like Alpine Games are flickering as you can see in my review video below at 8:15.

I don´t know if it would be possible to fix that if the user could choose if he has a new LCD or an old one, by changing the "display frequency" or something. And maybe you don´t have time and resources to think about that, but just saying that would be a "historical chance" to have the first Hicolor game that also supports that excellent newer display type.

;-)

But of course the game is still playable without such a fix I guess.

As written on our homepage the game does not work well with a new LCD mod. Unfortunately there is a lot of this stuff in Alpine Games and it would take a lot of time to add a menu to switch betweeen original and new LCD, unfortunately we

don´t have the time to do this at the moment.

Awesome! Emailing you now. Looks like I'll have to get a Lynx one for my non-lcd upgrade gaming.. :)

Doesn't hurt to have an extra lynx for the odd time you'll want to Comlynx :) That's what I'm doing, have the LCD screen on the way and will get another Lynx for it, as I still want to keep the one I've had for ~15 years unmodded and it'll also be great to link a few Lynx's together.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Already got a copy. But I still want one more just in case.

This is the one game (in addition to Lemmings) that I find myself playing every now and then.

The gameplay is not too complicated. The graphics is superb.

Alpine Games and Zaku are the top releses for Lynx in 2000->

Don't miss them.

--

Karri

If you still not own Alpine Games but you like to get it, this is probably your last chance. Today we start a reservation list for a last final run of Alpine Games cartridges. For more information take a look here.

http://www.duranik.com

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! email sent! I missed out on the original run and am now glad that i did! This whole package looks FANTASTIC! :lust:

Doesn't hurt to have an extra lynx for the odd time you'll want to Comlynx :)

Absolutely! An extra Lynx (or seven :-D )

This has got to be the best looking Lynx cart ever - Love it! - E-mail sent.

Echo that! The back of the new Alpine Games cart looks MINDBLOWING! :)

You might want to hold back a few copies. Once word gets out that this cart is no longer in print, the eBay speculators will be posting their copies for $500 a pop....

That really pisses me off! I wish there was an easy to track numbered system (or other) to see who just orders and re-lists so that they can be banned from further limited run sales! :mad:

Might be wise to limit this to one per person.

Indeed. The only Question i would have is with shipping: I have sent the DURANIK pre-order link to fellow friends & collectors Down Under and if other locals want it as well, then sending them all in one batch to one address would save us a TON is shipping costs (especially with the weak ass AUD and high PayPal currency conversion fees). Just wondering if and how that would be doable with a one copy per customer restriction? :? Separate PayPal payments with only one paying for combined shipping?? Hmm...