IGNORED

Alpine Games final run

Duranik

PM and email sent.

Might be wise to limit this to one per person.

I dunno. Generally, I am all for that, because I hate resellers. But then again, Alpine Games is a game a good portion of Lynx fans own already, so it is likely in Duranik's best interest to actually get the minimum number of pre-orders so that the print run can happen at all.

Better have enough pre-orders with a few resellers ordering multiple copies than falling short of the minimum requirement.

I still think it should be safe to assume the game reaches the required numbers though. There has been quite a few people joining (and probably some leaving) the Lynx scene since the game was released, and it is new to them. I myself haven't got a copy yet.

Thanks for all the support. We didn´t expect such a good response and that many orders. The Lynx and Atari community still seems

very strong after all those years.

I don't understand the whole limit one copy per person deal but if that's what it comes down to then it's whatever...

There is no limit at the moment, if someone wants to order more for his friends or to save postage thats fine.

• Like 2

I dunno. Generally, I am all for that, because I hate resellers. But then again, Alpine Games is a game a good portion of Lynx fans own already, so it is likely in Duranik's best interest to actually get the minimum number of pre-orders so that the print run can happen at all.

I don't understand the whole limit one copy per person deal but if that's what it comes down to then it's whatever...

I should elaborate: it really pisses me off to no end when people (resellers) buy Limited Edition runs of a game only to resell it straight away and taking the (limited) chance away from someone who will appreciate it - not if there is enough to go around (ie. non limited run). Personally always happy for more collectors/gamers to get more especially if it helps the release as well as the devs/publishers make some extra coin :)

There is no limit at the moment, if someone wants to order more for his friends or to save postage thats fine.

That's great to hear! I've already been contacted by a few people to see about getting a bulk delivery to Australia in order to save on über pricey postage costs.

By the way, is there a time limit/cut off date for the pre-orders?

I totally agree that the scalpers suck. It is just sadly a necessity for homebrews to Limit the release to some degree; meaning a Minimum number of Units must be manufactured at one time to make it feasible. And you cannot manufacture a huge quantity either, because since most homebrewers are private persons, they would have to pay up front and Keep the stuff in storage at their homes. Imagine you produce 500 Cards but it ends up selling only 100...

Edited by 108 Stars

Also sent an email! Can't beat that Duranik goodness =). Thanks 108 Stars for letting me know! I've also ordered Sturmwind - oh yes!!! All the great things happening on Lynx and Dreamcast recently. On a seperate but similar note, the Pier Solar (108 Stars helped on that game gfx) reprints are shipping now, and I think it's coming to Dreamcast soon also.

Back to Alipne Games - great news, can't wait!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also sent an email! Can't beat that Duranik goodness =). Thanks 108 Stars for letting me know! I've also ordered Sturmwind - oh yes!!! All the great things happening on Lynx and Dreamcast recently. On a seperate but similar note, the Pier Solar (108 Stars helped on that game gfx) reprints are shipping now, and I think it's coming to Dreamcast soon also.

Back to Alipne Games - great news, can't wait!!!!

I have Sturmwind on order too!

Just acquired the alpine games bonus cart. This is a seriously nice connectors item.especially with the mcwill mod. A re run of this in the new design would be marvellous But probably unlikely.

Yes its possible to also get the bonus cart, we ask everyone who preordered if he wants to add a bonus cart when we are ready to ship.

The preorder is closed on 15. April, so if you still want Alpine Games, now is the right time.

• 2 weeks later...

hope everyone who has ordered is happy with the game :)

i myself did not order a copy, only because i am not a sports fan, if it had been another type of game i would have ordered right away

also another consideration didn't this flicker on mcwills replacement screen mod? which i have installed