IGNORED

Thinking about getting a PS4...

Tempest

Ouch! But you're kinda right about Hardball! and games like Championship Baseball on the oldies. Great games in their own right BITD, but... :lol:

Totally respect your input on this modern stuff Cimerians and enjoy the heads up and reading what you have to say about the PS3 games in particular. In fact, I wouldn't even be aware of much of what's going on lately if it wasn't for you. That updated version of R-Type on the PS3 is one that comes to mind. Will have to check out this Super Mega Baseball game. Be ironic if some of us ever end up getting PS4's, etc. mostly to play updates to the classics. :)

• Like 1

If your looking for JRPG's there's a few out and the FF remakes but those are always slow in coming.

Remakes don't interest me much unless they offer something new since I almost always own the originals.

Yes I was talking about JRPGs, Western RPGs generally aren't my thing with few exceptions (Fallout for example).

Ouch! But you're kinda right about Hardball! and games like Championship Baseball on the oldies. Great games in their own right BITD, but... :lol:

Totally respect your input on this modern stuff Cimerians and enjoy the heads up and reading what you have to say about the PS3 games in particular. In fact, I wouldn't even be aware of much of what's going on lately if it wasn't for you. That updated version of R-Type on the PS3 is one that comes to mind. Will have to check out this Super Mega Baseball game. Be ironic if some of us ever end up getting PS4's, etc. mostly to play updates to the classics. :)

No prob.....I'm just as much of an oldie around here so yeah I get it. I've been burned on DLC, DRM and all the other crap which makes me hate the modern age too but there's just so much good stuff mixed in with the bad that I hate to see a fellow gamer who loved Atari or C64 miss out on some stuff that's out there now. Like Super Mega Baseball...been waiting decades for a decent simple baseball game. Up until this I haven't really found one. Can't stand any of the EA stuff or modern baseball games..just way too complex and sim-like.

Remakes don't interest me much unless they offer something new since I almost always own the originals.

Yes I was talking about JRPGs, Western RPGs generally aren't my thing with few exceptions (Fallout for example).

Yeah then the pickings are very slim.....the people that did Ni No Kunai are working on a new game but who knows when that will be out. I also read about a new Y's game, maybe a sequel "Y's VIII". Never played the Y's series but I think they are action RPG's.

Star Ocean, Dragon Quest Heroes and Persona 5 are probably still way off too.

There's still nothing I want to play. This generation is looking pretty poor from an RPG standpoint (unless you're into those retro/indie/download only titles, which I'm not).

I think they are popping most of those out on the Vita, I'm in the same boat as you though. I want the system, I'm sure I'll find stuff to play on it but I still don't see that "game" that makes me buy the system...

.....the people that did Ni No Kunai are working on a new game but who knows when that will be out.

Not to derail to far here but did you like that game? Man, I had trouble getting into it for some reason. After about 6 hours I hung it up for good...

First I've heard of that. What's it called?

According to this they will announce it at E3. Not much info on what it is etc

I think they are popping most of those out on the Vita, I'm in the same boat as you though. I want the system, I'm sure I'll find stuff to play on it but I still don't see that "game" that makes me buy the system...

Not to derail to far here but did you like that game? Man, I had trouble getting into it for some reason. After about 6 hours I hung it up for good...

Never got to it lol. Yeah I heard some people loved it and others found it too much of a drag, I don't know. I'll have to try it out one day.

Never got to it lol. Yeah I heard some people loved it and others found it too much of a drag, I don't know. I'll have to try it out one day.

Really? I loved it. It was Dragon Warrior crossed with Pokemon. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this new game.

• Like 2

The JRPG are generally take longer to pop out... at least that has been the pattern for the last three generations.

Question that always has been occurring to me.... The Last of Us Remastered is a download... a 45 gig download that I let go over night. Yet some claim that this will likely be the last generation for disc based games. How realistic are a bunch of big down loads.... assuming games like that are still made? Many of us State Side have relatively slow internet connections, often with providers having a cap... so maybe disc based will stick around longer than some think.

• 2 weeks later...

The JRPG are generally take longer to pop out... at least that has been the pattern for the last three generations.

Question that always has been occurring to me.... The Last of Us Remastered is a download... a 45 gig download that I let go over night. Yet some claim that this will likely be the last generation for disc based games. How realistic are a bunch of big down loads.... assuming games like that are still made? Many of us State Side have relatively slow internet connections, often with providers having a cap... so maybe disc based will stick around longer than some think.

I think you are quite right about the size of downloads being an issue still for at least the next generation or maybe 2 gens worth of consoles before physical media is dino poop. While it is going to happen I'm sure, it could be a little longer than some think for the exact reasons you mentioned. 45gb takes a while to download even if you don't have a cap. SS hdd's will need to get a little bigger and cheaper to support lots of those size games being on one hdd with good speeds too. So, internet needs to be faster, with less caps from providers and the hardware needs to a be a little cheaper and bigger before the discs are gone for good.

Maybe I'm just old school but when I have the option of a disc or a download, even if the dl is cheaper I will still buy the disc.

Still up in the air about getting a PS4. But it may be later down the road. I know it had a weak library at the start and within it's first year. I haven't followed too closely on it yet library wise. I'm a fan of MLB the Show and it looks awesome for it. And worth getting because of it. But I'm not into first person shooters and zombie related games.

I see Fallout 4 is going to be on the PS4 (and the XBONE). That's another must have for me.

Slowly but surely looks like one more JRPG for PS4 this October....if you like the Tales games:

Tales of Zestiria

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/12/tales-of-zestiria-arrives-on-ps4-this-october/

Its also being released on PC by the way.

I'm torn between trying out the Witcher or going back to Type-0 next. Just finished Dragon Age so I'm a little sick of the "western RPG" at the moment....

• 4 weeks later...

Slowly but surely looks like one more JRPG for PS4 this October....if you like the Tales games:

Tales of Zestiria

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/12/tales-of-zestiria-arrives-on-ps4-this-october/

Its also being released on PC by the way.

I'm torn between trying out the Witcher or going back to Type-0 next. Just finished Dragon Age so I'm a little sick of the "western RPG" at the moment....

I see it is for the PS3 and the PS4. Unless the PS4 version has extra stuff that I care about, I will probably get the PS3 version, especially if it is cheaper. They are going to have to add more than better textures because that game was already released for the PS3 in Japan, so it might just be a straight port.

• 2 weeks later...

I see it is for the PS3 and the PS4. Unless the PS4 version has extra stuff that I care about, I will probably get the PS3 version, especially if it is cheaper. They are going to have to add more than better textures because that game was already released for the PS3 in Japan, so it might just be a straight port.

I think Odin Sphere the old PS2 game is being remastered for PS3 and PS4.

Also, they are making a sequel called "Leiftrasir" that is also being made for both PS3 and PS4. Hang on to that PS3......