IGNORED

I need a clean way of storing chords for powers, r/f's, a/v's, extensions+

So I have a massive amount of chords I would like stored nice and easily accessible. I have 5 n64's different colors. I have all 3 genesis and just a whole area full of consoles out on display and they are my test consoles from Atari to turbo grafx to ps2 and so on.

I have all the chords in bins but at minimum I want them sorted by brand such as Nintendo, sega, playstation, and so on. I have considered peg board but I really don't want to kill a wall on chords. Right now I am basically leaning toward some plastic bins that have small partitions in them.

If anyone knows of a better "practical" idea let me know. Not looking at breaking the bank on this one.

I'm thinking something that keeps them flat (straight) without hanging would be best... maybe a repurposed rifle or guitar case.... with "eggshell"--- no wait "eggcrate" foam ...3 or 4 seperate layers to keep things snug and organized.... maybe?

I'm sitting here looking at my hanging closet shoe organizer I use for my controllers. I'm thinking I'm just going to go that route. I'm going to go buy like 3-4 of these rip out all my boxes from the closet run a few pieces of 2x4 to hang them from and do that. It will also make some more room for the rest of my controllers. Then I'll just put the massive arcade sticks in bins.

In case you don't know what I am talking about it is this.

post-25078-0-10468700-1425937650_thumb.jpg

Def. need to sell some controllers to make room for others.

100_7101_zps4isjbw5l.jpg

Why are they not in individual one gallon zipper storage bags, with labels?

That's what I did with controllers as well, but you gots problems brotha, A good problem though. I like big zipper storage bags. You gotta get rid of those rubber bands before they deteriorate and get all gooey.

Why are they not in individual one gallon zipper storage bags, with labels?

That's what I did with controllers as well, but you gots problems brotha, A good problem though. I like big zipper storage bags. You gotta get rid of those rubber bands before they deteriorate and get all gooey.

Why would I put them in storage plastic to place them again into storage plastic?

As far as rubber bands The only items that have rubber bands are 4 ps2 slim powers and the gamecube power as I was using small zip ties at the time. I have a whole bag of zip ties it would take me a whole minute to change those 4 out.

I intend on labeling some directly on the plastic but only the less common stuff like turbo grafx and 3do and such.

edit: think I see snes w/ a rubber band as well. I need to test them all and make sure they work. I'm sure most do because I have another bin that is junk controllers but I wouldn't be surprised if a few are mixed in.

Edited by icemanxp300

I store my systems and the cords that belong to that system in a milk crate. Any type of small crate would work as long as the system fits in it. One crate, one system, all cords bundled with a rubber band and nice and easy to take out.

This. I stack my game carts on shelving and have a small crate for each system + controllers. But I don't keep dozens of controllers for each system so crates may be too small for you. It works fairly well until you get lazy and neglect to put stuff back. With any collector of vintage game systems, or even modular entertainment systems, you will have to deal with "black spaghetti" as my mom calls it.

Edited by stardust4ever

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to use zip ties and just coil the cord into a 5-6 inch coil and use the zip ties to hold them together. I do this behind the TV too since a console that never moves seems to interbreed with everything else behind the tv and make a rats nest if you don't LOL.

You could use heavy duty pipe cleaners too, easier to get off if you are going to use the cord regularly (I use wire nips to take off zip ties)