IGNORED

It's too dead in here (Ikky!)

CyranoJ

Well, it is...

I mean it's been literally DAYS since the last release. What is this, 2007? Anyway, sh3 said it was so dead something needed to be released (and he didn't have any more particles left), so HAVE AT THIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjtIgybX2R8

4mb ROM - IKplus.rom

The music is by SynthPeter.

ON PAD 1:

* - 1 Player game Reset (or B!)

# - 2 Player game Reset

1 - TURBO

2 - SWIFT

3 - NORMAL

4 - BORING

5 - Shadows

6 - Ripples

8 - Judge

9 - Belts

0 - Trousers

OPTION - Shields

PAUSE - Pause!

I guess with this and Gauntlet II, none of the other conversions will seem as exciting, but oh well ;)

• Like 16

Holy sh*t! I don't have any means to play this either. Luckily though, one can presume this isn't going anywhere vs my making... preparations.

This is one I really have to have on console.

I obviously don't have to tell you that this is great work CJ ;) :thumbsup:

I can post an .ABS later if people want it, without the music - but at least it would run from CD/BJL (with full sound FX) ?

*And, by later, I meant 6 minutes later, obviously - RACE THE EDIT LOCK!!!!!!!

IKplus (No Music).ABS

Remember, folks, Atari-Age, the only Jaguar forum with a release list bigger than you can count on your extended middle finger! :)

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 5

Awww dammmnn! :-D Thanks!!!! :thumbsup: Fighting games are one of my top favorite genres in video games, I haven't played this before, I don't think, but I can now! Muy bien, Muchos Gracias! Senor.

This is the pinnacle of 16 bit (and, possibly, 32 bit) fighting games. Archer at the absolute top of his game. Enjoy!

Pacman - ?

Fish - ?

Finally I am convinced the Jagpad is a shite controller. Not enough buttons!

:-D

Triggering all the effects is hidden in there... you've just got to find out how*.

*But really, there aren't many buttons left that I didn't list.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for the conversion. As promised I've dug out my Jaguar that was still somewhere in a box at the attic after moving house. I've spent the evening playing it and it is great fun. All good memories but I miss my old ST joystick ;-)

I was thinking about adding a DB-9 connector to my JagPad so I could connect a standard Atari joystick. But as I deduct from the JagPad schematics & programming info, adding a DB-9 joystick connector will only work if all direction/button switches are on the same button group in the JagPad. The direction switches and button 'A' are on the same group so the Joystick's firebutton will be mapped to Jaguar button 'A'.

But button 'B' is the recommonended main button used by most games including IK+ and that is on a different button group than the direction switches. So unless the game also reacts to button 'A', adding a joystick connector to the JagPad will not let me play IK+ with my old trusty Atari ST joystick :( . Or has someone another idea on how to connect a standard Atari ST joystick (firebutton as Jaguar button 'B') without modifying the joystick is such way that it won't work on a Atari ST anymore?

Robert

• Like 2

The direction switches and button 'A' are on the same group so the Joystick's firebutton will be mapped to Jaguar button 'A'.

CJ has a busy day being prodded and poked today, but am I right in thinking you need a build with A for the action button rather than B?

I did give it a go, but I might have really ballsed something up as this isn't anything like the project files I'm used to seeing in the svn and, well, this stuff isn't my bag :lolblue: But you're welcome to try it out if that is indeed what you need (I don't have time, my head is lost elsewhere tonight).

robert.rom

• Like 2

CJ has a busy day being prodded and poked today, but am I right in thinking you need a build with A for the action button rather than B?

I did give it a go, but I might have really ballsed something up as this isn't anything like the project files I'm used to seeing in the svn and, well, this stuff isn't my bag :lolblue: But you're welcome to try it out if that is indeed what you need (I don't have time, my head is lost elsewhere tonight).

That was exactly what I needed :thumbsup: . Thank you for enabling the 'A' button.

I've soldered a DB-9 connector to my JagPad and now I can play IK+ with my rusty (indeed rusty) old joystick I use with my Atari 8-bit & ST for already more than 30 years.

I only need to fit the connector somewhere inside the JagPad but first play some more IK+ ;)

post-119-0-33944000-1426348847_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

hah, awesome. When I read your PM about doing that I knew you'd actually end up making it happen, you always do. Great excuse to get the Jaguar set up in the new home :)

but first play some more IK+ ;)

Priorities :0)

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 1