IGNORED

It's too dead in here (Ikky!)

CyranoJ

Had a few rounds tonight. What a great game. Can't wait to play it with friends. This probably already known, but I encountered a few glitches. Mostly with the bonus rounds. After the shield bonus the game would twice turn black on me. The music continues, but everything else is gone. Also when I get hit by one of the balls it "erases" the sprite where it touches it, but I can't remember if that was already in the game back then. Bombs are flickering and not all shrapnells kill me but again, I can't remember if that was in the game to begin with, it's too long ago. Other than that I once "lost" the sound for my player. Other than that I just had a ton of fun, still an addicting little game.

The flicker in the bonus rounds can't be fixed without (even more) extensive work, so I left it in.

If *any* frame takes more than one VBL to emulate, the game will crash - I've had it running overnight on my 60Hz Jaguar without any issues - maybe try PAL?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Complete pipe dream/fantasty idea here but.....

Would'nt it be fantastic if:

Archer Maclean found the 'running ST Code' he has lying around somewhere of IK++, which was done on the ST/Amiga sometime in 1987/88 (and not on the Commodore 64GS as Press had claimed at the time) and released it into the community for someone to finish off and release as Jaguar Homebrew?.

Game promised a bigger fighting area than IK+, plus you'd of been able to collect fighting moves and define which ones you'd use in any given section of the game, chain some moves into a bigger sequence etc etc.

It'd been the ideal game i feel to of been done on the Atari Lynx or a really souped up version for the Jaguar, but sadly never happened, so with code seemingly existing....

Be a shame to see it locked away for ever...

• Like 1

A little Jaguar anecdote. Tempest 2000 is one of my favorite old games. I could always do the Jupiter warp levels pretty well, but the green tracks were my bane. Yesterday I was playing T2K with my kids when I finally beat a green track warp level. Only took 20 years!

A little Jaguar anecdote. Tempest 2000 is one of my favorite old games. I could always do the Jupiter warp levels pretty well, but the green tracks were my bane. Yesterday I was playing T2K with my kids when I finally beat a green track warp level. Only took 20 years!

Thats great. Well done. And it has to do with this thread?

• Like 2

Well... feel free to generate some new topics of conversation then, sir?

My apologies. I saw the title of the thread ("it's too dead in here"), and thought it was a miscellaneous topic. I figured I'd contribute my tiny bit of news at the end of it.

Didn't realize the thread was in fact about a specific game. Feel free to delete my posts.

• Like 2

My apologies. I saw the title of the thread ("it's too dead in here"), and thought it was a miscellaneous topic. I figured I'd contribute my tiny bit of news at the end of it.

Didn't realize the thread was in fact about a specific game. Feel free to delete my posts.

Fair enough. Now you explain it, you make a fair point. I suppose it is a somewhat ambiguous thread title...

• Like 3